Caribou Gear

We're Hooked on Antelope - but why can't they be closer?

jmveverka

First time out to Wyoming for Antelope and we are hooked! I have to agree with Randy - I would love to hunt these guys all the time. 26 Hour Drive out from Virginia and 30 Hours back (thanks to a blown tire on the trailer). We will be back in a few years, more often if they were a bit closer to us...Thanks for all the help - direct and indirect - from you guys on the forum. Loved every minute of it. The three of us filled 7 Antelope Tags a cow Elk and Mule Deer. Only two tags went unfilled - my cow and one leftover Antelope Doe. Doe 2.jpgBudd Pronghorn.jpgDad Pronghorn.jpgJosh Pronghorn.jpgDoes.jpg

Looks like a great trip! Grilled a pair of whole antelope tender loins the other night and after dinner my wife asked if I could get more antelope tags and less deer tags. Antelope is one of our favorites! Glad you had a successful trip.

I’m right below you in Rockingham county. I agree 100%. I was out there the first week of October and we had an amazing time, but man that drive sucks.

Congratulations on finding out how great hunting the west is. i am from CT and i drive to Wyo every year. So far, By myself.

Congrats neighbor! Been driving out that way once or twice (sometimes more) a year for 11 years now. ID, CO, MT, WY for deer & elk but never for antelope yet! I got double digit points for WY lopes - maybe 2018....

Looks like you guys made it worth your while for all those hours on the road. Congrats on a successful and mostly trouble free trip.

Back