Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Well Moosie..these weren't taken in the last 56 years but...

MarvB

...thought you'd might like to see em' anyways- My in-laws family MT circa 1800's

fdb65255.jpg

fdb65253.jpg

fdb65250.jpg

ELKCHSR- My wife's gggrandparents were some of the early settlers in the Bitterroot Valley. Most of those pics are in the area of Darby and Sula (south of Hamilton). Deb's ggramps was one of the first photographers in that area and also a taxidermist.

I've cataloged and scanned to CD about 150 pictures off of plate glass negatives that he had (the old box camera type) before the family donated the works to the museum in Hamilton. I'll throw a few up every now and then... they're pretty damn good for what they had to work with!

I'll have to get the last names of my ancestors from that area. Maybe one of the oldtimers in that area will know them..Or of them.... :D :D :D

Check out that old camera in the picture with the moose guy and dog.. those pics got to be very old.. Thanks for sharing
Delw

Awesome pictures Marv! They remind me of the pics at my grandfathers house. He has the pictures of all the family veterans since the Cival War! He has the Military pics of my Great Great Grandfather from Civil War along with the Honorable Discharge in frame. Also the same with G.Grandrather from WWI and then Grandfather from WWII, Uncle in VietNam, Me and then cousins! It's so cool! I hope that I get these willed to me. I'm so proud to be a member of that wall of honor!

Hey guys/gals, If you could, please remember my GrandFather John Brooks in your prayers. He is in the hospital for the second time in a month with heart troubles. He's 82 years old and a tough old stubborn aircraft mechanic. Thanks for your support folks.

John

The guy with the Moose (not Moosie...) and box camera is Deb's gggramps and the fella that took all these pictures!

...that damn dog appears in more shots than anyone else...definately not camera shy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back