Caribou Gear Tarp

Well Decided to finally join...

WYelker

Just wanted to say HI. I am active on a few other forums and decided I might as well join up here. I grew up in Colorado and have stomp around every corner in NW Colorado for over 30 years. I love helping guys sort out hunts and give the best advice and insight I can when ever contacted. I am fairly active and keep up with Colorado wildlife management issues. For years having served on wildlife committees and volunteering for a large variety of wildlife conservation efforts.

We left the liberal crap hole and moved to WY almost 2 years ago. I am green(ie)in WY but slowly becoming active in State issues and have been exploring everywhere. 2020 was a great year and I cant wait to see what our future brings.

We are located in Lander, WY. If anyone ever is in the area hunting or vacationing, etc. Look me up for anything..

SO lets get to some pics... THis was my 2020 turkey here in WY... Awesome hunt!!

2020 Turkey.jpg

Then my son called in this WY bull for me after school on a Friday.. This was my 15 archery bull elk!!!
2020 bull.PNG

Then I snuck away for my 2020 mule deer hunt... Only had a couple days!!! Found a gem!

2020 buck.jpg

I held out to the last day passing up tons of bucks and ended up taking this antelope buck with about 20 minutes of light left on my last day.

2020 lope.jpg

After my lope hunt I snuck to Colorado to help my cousin on his first mulemy cousins first mule deer buck.jpg deer hunt... We had success first day... Sad Colorado has destroyed the deer hunting in the NW corner...

I am all about my family hunts. I have a wife who likes to hunt a daughter who likes to hunt and a son who loves to hunt...

This year I applied for the MT Deer hunt and drew a general tag. Allowed me to get my son a tag at age 10 on the mentor hunt. We took a family trip over Thanksgiving. My son tagged this great buck after a 3.6 mile hike into this hole. Not a bad buck for a 10 year old on public land DIY.

will bill.jpg

I took the opportunity to try and get my first whitetail. It was cool to get this first white tail with my son... Sorry this was the best photo a 10 year old could get after dark after crossing the river twice...

2020 white tail.jpg

My daughter is a killer as well. She filled her first mule deer tag with a slug of a buck. Huge body on this guy. Then on her first day elk hunting she got this cow...

She has a couple other but this was her first...

emma first.PNG

And her first elk...

emmas 2nd.PNG

Hope you all enjoy. Cant wait to learn and share with everyone here...

Also last thoughts... A huge shout out to Randy Newberg!!! He inspired our MT deer hunt this fall. He is also a great advocate for public lands and for us DIY hunters. Without his efforts and the efforts of those like him our hunting would look a lot different.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing those awesome photos. I have a 12 year old daughter I hope to get on her first elk this coming year..., if we're fortunate enough to get her a NM resident tag. Congratulations on a great year for you and family!

Welcome! Great introduction and thanks for sharing! That bull you got has a pretty funky right antler
Yeah he had busted that side at some point. When he showed up I got excited thought he was bigger because that right side made him really wide... Still really cool that my son called him in after school on Friday night. Not to mention we had a 40 mph wind we were dealing with but the bull came in from down wind and was right next to the rock ridge that was blocking the wind...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back