Wel we are moving!!!!!

Elkhunter

It has been just about 1 year since outr last move. My ex boss fired me last August 5th and we got a new caretaking gig just down the road, where I post all the elk, moose, deer pictures on the property, and even one buffalo. We moved in here officially on the 29th of August of 2004 and took on the job as on site caretakers for Warren Adler. It has been a wondeful experience and also a lot of dedication and a lot of hard work taking care of this property and trying to get my business going at the same time. Warren Adler's house was on the market to be sold when we moved in, and last week his house sold. We have been pretty fortunate in the past and pretty fortunate in the present. We found another place within 5 days. I did weekly house checks for this man when I worked for muy past employer, and last Satuday he caklled me to do house checks and plowing for him and now we are moving in. This time it is under different conditions though. We will be renting his apartment from him, with electric, and will plow for him and check his house, and I will be getting his lawn next spring. :) We moved about a mile west of where we were livein last year and will be moving about a mile east of there this time. It will be an easy move and we are looking forward to a new change. It will be nice to go home from work and not have to work for a change, but instead go home, sit down, open a cold beer, sit and relax. Don't get me wrong, we had our good fortune in the past 6 years of caretaking and managing properties, but this will be a nice change. Warren Adler and his wife Sonny have been very good to us and they have had a lot for us to do on the property, but the burden was on our sholders and it was a good size burden to carry with trying to start and run my own business at the same time. We are looking forward to a little R&R now and still enjoy living in Paradise.

It's amazing what hard work and a positive attitude will do. Good for you. Best of luck.

Damn Elky,, You and LB are two of the luckiest people I know. You both work hard and you are pulling another load. I wish you the best my friend,

:cool:

My best again to ya Bill....I'm sure the positive attitude (not to mention hard work) you show has plenty much more to do with your situations than luck ever had! Don't slow down on the posting of the critters around your haunts though ;) ....I'd go into withdrawls without you and miller's pics!

Well, it's working out then I see Bill...

Way to go on the new digs, and not having to ever move far from the happy hunting grounds you now frequent... :D

Thanks for the Well Wishes. We will be moving most of our stuff over there this weekend. We are planning to stay here at the Adler's until the closing and will need to be out of here on the 20th of September. We told Warren & Sonny that we would stay here till the end with them. I will still do what I normally do around here until the 21rst of September, after all they took us in last year when we had nothing and nowhere to go, so now I will do what I can for them before they say goodbye to the dream house that they built 13 years ago. We are hppy to have stayed and worked here as well as getting to know both Warren & Sonny Adler, two very nice people. I think it is going to be hard to say goodbye to them when the time comes.

Taking care of the property and house along with getting our business going was no easy chore, but in the long run, it was a lot of work that will have all been worth it. A total stranger 1 year ago, took us in, gave us a start and entrusted us to take care of their home. We knew it was on the market to be sold when we came here, but no one really expected it to be sold. He was going to take it off the market in November if it did not sell and I think it was a decission made because he had two people here that cared about the house and the property. Well it did sell and that is all part of life and life goes on.

And Bill and Micheles sagga goe's on... What is in store for them next? What great things will they attain when they move on? What will become of the dog... :D

Congrats to you and the missus on the new adventure. Looks like things are once again working out well for you.

Way to go!

Good luck, Elky! I'm glad you were able to find new digs so quickly...it's good to have friends and respect from the community.

I think I seen you moving:eek: :eek: :eek: I was going to stop and offer to help BUT..................
pic1495.jpg

Seriously......Me and Tara wish you the best.
let me know when you hit the falls next, we can go to lunch.:D
Only we will take our car:rolleyes: :)

Thanks Bwana, D and Michael. :)

Mike, where did you find that picture of us moving? :eek: We will let you know the next time we are heading over there. Lunch again would be great. How are you, Tara and the new addition doing?

LMAO Michael... You sure drove a long way to catch a glipse of the movemobile... :eek:...

Glad the move is working out Bill and Michele.. :D

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back