Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Weekend Libations

Coors heavy is one of my favs for I am hot and thirsty and need a beer times. I like it out of the stubby bottles better than the can though.

I don’t drink them often, they were one of the choices at the Sheridan Rodeo last week and I choose that over the coors light , it was still fresh in my mind so I pulled the trigger on it for an after work beer 🍺

Coors heavy is one of my favs for I am hot and thirsty and need a beer times. I like it out of the stubby bottles better than the can though.
Banquet is a very underrated beer to me. As much as I love craft beer and different styles. It’s my go-to beer for when I just want a beer. Very seldom do I not have a Banquet in the fridge!

But hazy is lazy (from a brewers standpoint).

Exactly! I always think when the local brewery is “testing” a new hazy it’s just because they’ve fugged up something else along the way! It’s like the “sours” that some folks are Gaga over 🤢…you hear the brewer say “oops! F’d up that IPA, add some fruit and call it a sour!”

Exactly! I always think when the local brewery is “testing” a new hazy it’s just because they’ve fugged up something else along the way! It’s like the “sours” that some folks are Gaga over 🤢…you hear the brewer say “oops! F’d up that IPA, add some fruit and call it a sour!”
Exactly! My BIL is getting super into brewing, has a >10k 1/2 barrel system all automated in his shed, went through all of the Cicerone training and certification... at 4th of July he had two sours and a hef on tap... kept talking about trying to find the right combination of flavors in his sours. All I could think about was why would anyone try that hard to make bad beer?

First of the beers I got from Montana.

View attachment 230699

2 out of 5. I’m going to struggle to finish this one. It has a slight huckleberry taste to start and then nothing.

I like a couple Laughing Dog beers but I do not like cream ales. Have been to their brewery. I wonder who the hell decided to name this beer, nice red rocket:

Screenshot_20220720-193513-686.png

It’s the start of my weekend, I’m in Forsyth Montana waiting for the rodeo, hanging out at the county fair another rodeo another Coors banquet it’s about to get western, I would like to add last Thursday when I was in Sheridan Wyoming at the rodeo , the Coors banquets were five bucks a can Forsyth is two dollars a can !
AAE8E7AC-043F-4536-AC2F-E8F359DDE7EE.jpeg

When I rolled into town I stopped at a little cowboy bar called the lariat seemed appropriate since I was going to a rodeo I needed to get a beer there before the festivities kicked off
FAC176D3-512B-4BF5-A73A-54DA472A75E0.jpeg

Last edited:
Back