Yeti GOBOX Collection

weatherby vangaurd range certified

Been shooting a Weatherby Vanguard in 7MM Rem. Mag. for 31 years. Only big game rifle I have ever had. Flat- shooting, accurate and dependable. Never felt the need to look for another gun.

Got my kid a Weatherby Vangard in 270 a year ago. Absolutely lethal to deer or pigs at 400 yds and probably a lot further. He just hasn’t shot at anything further. Definitely sub-MOA at the range. I am curious if the RC rifle would actually be better.

The RC is a discontinued model for 2020 I believe. Compared to a regular Vanguard I believe it had a little better (stiffer) stock and may have weighed a little more. Probably not enough to make a huge difference though.

I had an rc vanguard varminter .308. Very good shooter, but didnt fit my hunting style anymore. Just traded it for an ar pistol. Buyer was quite hsppy, sent me a pic of his target when he mounted a scope and did sone test shooting. Nice tight groups.IMG_1045.jpg

Weatherby Vanguard 30-06 circa 1980... Sweetest gun I have ever held or shot. Problem with the bolt has it currently retired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back