MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Weather Radios?

hardwoods

Anyone ever use them? Wondering if or how well they work while in the mountains with little signal etc.. Would it be worth while picking one up?

Really good question. Actually never thought about it. For me, I have the Garmin In-Reach Mini and get the weather updates on it, but it's definitely worth trying. Good luck

So many ways to receive weather reports these days with cell phones, garmins, hand radios with weather channel, dedicated wether radios and so on. I guess the real question is which one will work best for your location. If where you are hunting does not have cell coverage it may be worth carrying a weather radio (dedicated or built into a hand radio) IF NOAA covers The area? I personally have found that my Motorola hand radios with built in weather channel have done a good job picking up a NOAA signal. They are not the cheap little 35 dollar models. Do a little homework on them. it seems like the best option to me since most hunters carry around radios for coms purposes with hunt partners anyway. My .02

Back