Weather and Mule deer, Wyoming badlands.

OleRedbeard

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 28, 2019
Messages
528
Location
Russell Fork River
The tag I pulled this year has me hunting an area I have not been in at all. I've heard that the hunting is fairly weather dependent and not what it used to be at all but was wondering if anybody had any experience hunting the area. Should I take the full two weeks or just wait and go the later part of the season? Has there been any issues with setting up camp on BLM and it staying unbothered? (I have a nice canvas tent and some tables in somebody's garage now which was stolen while I was out hunting about 4 years ago near Laramie) Id like to not deal with that again if possible so may just sleep in the back of the truck if this is something.
 
Last edited:
I got this tag this year and also have no experience in the unit. Have you got an good intel about the deer herds there in the last few years?
 
I got this tag this year and also have no experience in the unit. Have you got a good intel about the deer herds there in the last few years?
Yeah but nothing good. Everything I’ve seen and read has the herd way down and not what it used to be at all. I figure I’m just going to do a whole lot of walking and glassing. Probably stay out on some BLM and hunt the whole season. I’ll be in a silver Tacoma that’s pretty beat up with a camper top on it if you happen to see it. Old dude with a red beard lol.
 
Where exactly are you trying to hunt? I can give you better info if I can have more specific information.
 
Back
Top