Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

We will take your truck.

Most of the fancy, lifted, huge tired, 3/4 ton diesel rigs I see around here are pristine pavement pounders and never see Off-Road duty and never had blood & hair in the bed. Where their owners use them a Prius would suffice.

Aahhh! Can't get my bedliner dirty or get a scratch on it! Saw this the other day. Notice the padding and blankets. I guarantee the truck has NEVER been off-road.

Last edited:
I insist on driving no matter where we go. I am the only person I trust to make sure something isn't going to break and that all of my fluids are changed and the tank is full daily. lol

Drive my 2016 Ram2500 6.7 everywhere (140,050 miles) (21 MPG). I feel safe with that much metal around me.

My pickup is nothing special and I have no problem driving but I prefer riding over driving. I just make sure to buy the first tank of fuel if I'm a rider.

My pickup is nothing special and I have no problem driving but I prefer riding over driving.

3 cowboys in a 2 door pickup. Which is the boss? The one in the middle, "so I don't have to drive, or bother w the gates."

That used to be pretty damn funny, now nobody remembers riding the bench seat of a truck w only 2 doors. Or where the shifter knob was when starting in 2nd gear.

3 cowboys in a 2 door pickup. Which is the boss? The one in the middle, "so I don't have to drive, or bother w the gates."

That used to be pretty damn funny, now nobody remembers riding the bench seat of a truck w only 2 doors. Or where the shifter knob was when starting in 2nd gear.
I learned how to drive a stick shift 1951 ford truck when I was 8 so my brothers could pitch hay to the cows and your date sitting close was handy with the stick shift. My first truck was a 1964 dodge 1/2 ton power wagon 4x4

The best hunting vehicle I ever had was a 2000 Jeep Cherokee sport. With the back seat folded down I could sleep in the back and the 4.0 engine is damned near bullet proof. I took that thing into some god awful hell holes and I never got stuck. The gas mileage was decent enough for it to have gone cross country quite a few times with my Great Dane.
My brother had a lifted cherokee with a rear locker. We took that thing in some nasty hell holes as well. Even crammed a bull elk, cut in half, in the back one year. Wheeled it pretty hard in Moab as well. Fun fun.

Yeah, I don't understand it either, a friend will take his truck hunting, but only if the roads are good with no chance of scratches or dents. So no even semi-serious off roading that a prius could negociate. Then it gets cleaned immediately, at camp, not when he gets home. And if the outside gets dirty, off to the nearest town to the car wash. Then gets cleaned again at home. His vehicles are basically new when he trades them except for the numbers on the odometer. ?????

Never had this problem, always get offers to take others truck. I just usually take mine the last bit of the way anyways since it is typically the only one capable of it where we have been going.

I would bet 6 months salary my corolla has been up worse dirt roads than 95% of the tacomas driving around downtown Denver, I agree it's funny how people drop 60k on a vehicle and then never use it.
I’ve had 4 pickups but my Camry is the go to. I say the same about guys rolling around Charlotte in what we call “ Pavement Princess trucks “ that never see the off-road. My Camry has been all over and I even used it to do some construction jobs to earn extra money on the side. Might even quarter a deer and put it in the trunk this year.

There are a lot of tricked out Tacoma’s out there that never leave the pavement or the popular campgrounds. My stock 2010 is not one of them.BB5CF503-AE0C-446E-A082-FD2552724258.jpegD97EC093-A425-483E-BFEC-28E361A0D390.jpegD92F1127-67DE-4AEB-9B11-04A743DE570D.jpeg0DB2A253-60FB-44D4-B7C6-29BC961FCDAB.jpeg36450CFD-0930-4B55-9292-5D16AB8C636B.jpeg

And then there's the hunting partner who says I'm buying a truck to share the load......3 years and waiting for him to buy it......thinking maybe next season I'm just going by myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back