We got the power!

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

Back finally. Eight days since it went out.

Times like this make you thankful for friends, neighbors, and all of the utility workers that keep out standard of living remarkably high.

Been thinking about you guys over there. Our's went out for four hours from the same storm. Not much of an inconvenience for us. I pity the folks that are still without.

Been thinking about you guys over there. Our's went out for four hours from the same storm. Not much of an inconvenience for us. I pity the folks that are still without.

One of my co workers said he is still looking at about five more days. Glad we have a fireplace and a gas hot water heater.

Glad to hear everything is up and running. Did you have any problem with food spoilage or did you use a generator?

Ouch, glad to hear the juice is flowing again. I bought a standby generator this year and it's currently sitting in my driveway awaiting install next week. I'm afraid if godzilla el nino does let loose that there are going to be some serious issues where I live.

I'm over here restoring power still a few thousand with out they should mostly be back on today

Thanks for all of your hard work. Happy Thanksgiving, were you on the crew my wife took muffins out to?

Glad to hear everything is up and running. Did you have any problem with food spoilage or did you use a generator?

It's been cold enough that we just put everything outside in coolers, so no spoilage. We used a generator to run the fan on our fireplace insert.

Glad to hear your power is back on.

People overestimate the reliability of the grid, and it is amazing how many half million dollar homes are effectively winter-useless in the event of an outage. I'm a believer that it is darn near negligent to build a home in a northwestern state and not put in a wood stove. There are numerous scenarios that could result in a week(s) long outage - many not too far fetched. Pipes and people would be freezing unnecessarily.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back