Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Way Down Yonder on the Chattahoochee

I was born in GA. I live not far from these locations as the crow flies. All of GA is not the cesspool of my birth city, Atl. Cool place, cool pics, and cool hike.

And, yes, that area (and most of the Appalachians/Smokies in that stretch of the chain) are thick and steep. Hard for people to understand how thick they are until they try to bushwhack through.

Those concrete basins are for creating more potable water. Water goes in, sediment and microbes settle to the bottom. Cleanish water flows out the top. That one looks broken, though. Usually has a spillway off the top lip opposite side of the inflow.

I spent a lot of time up there when I was in college. I used to wade big sections of the C in old puma tennis shoes with a spinning rod and a fly rod, hoping for big wild brown trout instead of 9" stocker rainbows.

Those concrete basins are for creating more potable water. Water goes in, sediment and microbes settle to the bottom. Cleanish water flows out the top. That one looks broken, though. Usually has a spillway off the top lip opposite side of the inflow.

I spent a lot of time up there when I was in college. I used to wade big sections of the C in old puma tennis shoes with a spinning rod and a fly rod, hoping for big wild brown trout instead of 9" stocker rainbows.
Thanks for the explanation and dude I would've settled for a stocker rainbow at this point; they hadn't stocked in a while and we never did get on a wild one. Took some tributaries west from the main river a pretty good ways. Lots of bear sign. No fish.

And yeah we had every combination of shoe you can imagine out there, haha.

I'll be headed back some now, now that I've seen how easy it is to get there. My house -> Cordele -> Macon -> Athens and then you're nearly there.

@RobertD You've bent my brain with this post. Here I was, thinking that you were an NBA All-Star all this time with your forum photo!

Looks very different from Kansas! And it looks like your playground is a great place in which to go adventuring.

Timing is everything. I rewatched Deliverance last night. Turns out it is a trad archery hunting story.
By coincidence I watched it for the first time the other night seeing how it popped up on Netflix. Looks like pretty country, minus the forced sodomy part of course.

Back