MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Waterfowl Hunting Resource Recommendations

Decoy quantity and especially calling skills are often overrated in my opinion, ........ The key is to set those decoys in a spot where the ducks want to be. Really no secret to share there, other than to scout spots you’re thinking of hunting at first and last light. You will usually see where the ducks want to be. Best part is that you can often do this scouting from the road.

What he said.

Jump shooting is probably where most guys enter water fell. Is Loki doesn't require any special gear except maybe a dog. There are many different styles and strategies for waterfowl hunting. You could sit in a a blind in a field waiting for geese or you could sit in a curtain blind on the East coast waiting for divers to come in 20 feet of water.you have the resources I would tell you to find a guy and get a couple of different hunting experiences like that.if not getting plugged into Delta waterfowl and another local duck hunter will really help you out. Each state probably has its own duck hunting waterfowl group on Facebook, find Montana waterfowlers on there.
As for ID nothing is going to be putting eyes on birds. We will be coming into the spring and there are many places you can find spring plumage birds. Pick up a quick reference waterfowl ID pocket guide and start trying to figure out birds on the water before you do it on the wing.

Haven't found an app that has a lot of information.

this is a really excellent resource that's pretty lady that gives u biology migration history ID all sorts of good stuff: Ducks, Geese, and Swans of North America: 2-vol. set

This reminds me of the clueless new guy at work that tries to make an impression by replying to all on an email, and all they do is spout off random and worthless information that is not relevant to the topic. This person also does not read what they type and don't realize they have several typo's in their email and it makes no sense to anyone. So they actually make themselves look like a complete buffoon.

My advise Nameless Range: scout for birds, setup where they want to be, and don't let them see you. Nothing else matters.

This reminds me of the clueless new guy at work that tries to make an impression by replying to all on an email, and all they do is spout off random and worthless information that is not relevant to the topic. This person also does not read what they type and don't realize they have several typo's in their email and it makes no sense to anyone. So they actually make themselves look like a complete buffoon.

My advise Nameless Range: scout for birds, setup where they want to be, and don't let them see you. Nothing else matters.

@Art Vandeley You're right, my proofing of that response wasn't good. I was voice typing, and hit reply before I had a chance to look at it. Obviously the OP understood it, as well as my followup PM to come hunting with me and be a resource for future questions. His query was answered and the hunting fraternity was strengthened.

You could have sent me a PM telling me I had typos and suggest I fix a couple to better help out those who read it. Instead you choose to call me a buffoon on a public forum. Frankly, I don't care that you did. We will likely never meet, even in our small state, so there is a veil to hide behind. Yet, it didn't add to the conversation and it certainly didn't do anything to unite or help the fraternity. I wonder why it was bothered to be written at all. The saying we were all (hopefully) taught "If you don't have anything nice to say..." applies to internet forums as well. It appears this is going to be a long winter on the forums if this is the tone of future posts.

@Art Vandeley You're right, my proofing of that response wasn't good. I was voice typing, and hit reply before I had a chance to look at it. Obviously the OP understood it, as well as my followup PM to come hunting with me and be a resource for future questions. His query was answered and the hunting fraternity was strengthened.

You could have sent me a PM telling me I had typos and suggest I fix a couple to better help out those who read it. Instead you choose to call me a buffoon on a public forum. Frankly, I don't care that you did. We will likely never meet, even in our small state, so there is a veil to hide behind. Yet, it didn't add to the conversation and it certainly didn't do anything to unite or help the fraternity. I wonder why it was bothered to be written at all. The saying we were all (hopefully) taught "If you don't have anything nice to say..." applies to internet forums as well. It appears this is going to be a long winter on the forums if this is the tone of future posts.

Blow hard. The wind does

I find this to be MUCH more helpful than the DU migration report map. This may help you earn a better understanding as to when and why waterfowl migrate in your flyway.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back