Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

water proof camera

Wapiti Warrior

I am looking for a water proof camera. There are several out there, but I don't need it to go deep underwater, just want it to take out fishing (and ice fishing), hunting and camping.
Do any of you have experience with them and what do you like / dont like?

Thanks,
John

+ 1 here and the new model makes mine look like a P.O.S. probably. Going to upgrade this year

I use the olympus for work- Throw it out in the pond each summer to freak my seasonals out. Works great.

Nikon COOLPIX AW100 16mp. We have one of these and they are great. we have actually taken photos under water in a swimming pool with the camera submerged.

don't buy any of the fuji XP series...I owned one for a couple weeks before taking it back. never used it underwater...it takes awful pictures even out of water..

Canon powershot D10. Awesome camera. I have some sweet footage of fish I have taken while snorkeling with it if I have time I'll try to post some.

I use the pentax optio.... great camera for a fisherman, takes great photos in and out of water...
249844_1939141772152_5372511_n.jpg

532036_4622689339164_746450518_n.jpg

Canon powershot D10. Awesome camera. I have some sweet footage of fish I have taken while snorkeling with it if I have time I'll try to post some.

+1 for the Canon. I had two of the Pentax Optios, both had purple tint to the sky in many photos, then I found out the waterproof one wasn't Ford proof and tried the Canon. I don't think the Canon would handle being ran over any better than the Pentax, but for me I thought picture quality was better with Canon. Either way, don't drive on your cameras!:eek:

I'm planning on getting the Olympus for the wife for Christmas if I could just get the model number/name I should be looking for. Olympus came highly recommended.

That is exactly what I want to do, take pictures of our fish as we catch them and release them. And in all types of weather.
Thanks for all this feed back.

John

I like everything about the pentax optio (especially underwater) except the fact that the clear cover over the lens in always exposed and at risk of being scratched if you aren't careful. This is just a concern, I haven't actually had any problems with it yet though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back