Caribou Gear Tarp

Washington State

Osvidar

My son just relocated to Redmond. We could use some advise getting started hunting in WA. Need DIY or fairly low cost access, Etc.

I've never hunted the wet-side before so I can't help with any specifics, but I know many people hunt the timber company lands, I believe some of those are free access - if I'm wrong I'm not bailing you out though.;)

Great turkey hunting in the spring in several spots a bit inland. Timber companies often allow access for elk and deer hunting. Gates accessing timber land may be locked so in that case need to hike or ride a mountain bicycle. I am at south end of the state so no pointers for around Redmond. Call the local F&G office. They will probably know more about fish than game but sometimes you get a hunter on the line there. Join local branch of critter group or a hang out at the local shooting range or bow shop to meet some hunters. They will share some general guidance. Bonus point system here in WA but for NR is cheap to build points. Not a lot of quality hunts for elk and deer but you can put some meat in the freezer.

Cruise over the mountains to hunt the eastside of the cascades with the rest of the 206-ers.

Seriously though - what's he looking to hunt? Not much open this time of year

Shoots many,
Thanks. If we get 5 days or more we'd go dry side.

Last edited:
Great turkey hunting in the spring in several spots a bit inland. Timber companies often allow access for elk and deer hunting. Gates accessing timber land may be locked so in that case need to hike or ride a mountain bicycle. I am at south end of the state so no pointers for around Redmond. Call the local F&G office. They will probably know more about fish than game but sometimes you get a hunter on the line there. Join local branch of critter group or a hang out at the local shooting range or bow shop to meet some hunters. They will share some general guidance. Bonus point system here in WA but for NR is cheap to build points. Not a lot of quality hunts for elk and deer but you can put some meat in the freezer.

Good words thanks. We have the points here in Colorado too. Understand there are no draw hunts too--loaded with orange vests tho' I bet...

Back