Washington Muley

Washington Hunter

Got this buck Saturday in the Pasayten Wilderness here in Washington:

pasaytendeer2.jpg

congrats WH!(kinda ugly though ;) )

Nice looking buck WH hump Looks like your trip to Teanaway is off for this year...Congrats on the deer...

Hunterman(Tony)

Thanks guys.

JB, it's not big enough to be ugly! :D

Tony, I may still be hunting Teanaway...either with Aimee, or my brother. It's just as much fun even when I don't get to do the shooting.

Oh, and pa mt man....I don't have a Hunt Talk hat...maybe Moosie should send me one. :D

And as far as it being green there, yes you're right, it is. Definitely no shortage of water or feed for the deer. We were hunting between 7000 and 7500 feet, and the water is just everywhere. In fact, on Friday we had more water than we wanted, in the form of snow the first couple of hours in the morning, and then rain the rest of the day. Luckily that weather moved on and Saturday we had blue skies, and that's when I got the buck.

What you all need to know, is that at 7000 feet in Washington you are on the TOP! The Pasayten, maxing out about 7500-8000 is as big and rugged as anything in Colorado, Montana, Idaho, whatever.....just low level. You have to remember the ocean is just a 100 miles to the west!

Nice one WA Hunter! I've hunted the Pasayten and the Teanaway quite a bit.

HS

If you get over there Robert,, remember that the coffee pot will be on, and the beer will be cold if y'all come over to the Iron Creek side for supper, or some bsing some night after the hunt...

Hunterman(Tony)

Back