Wall Tent Stoves

HoofsUp

I am in the market for a new wall tent stove, this would not be for packing, but more for a base camp. Tent size is 16x21, any recommendations? Any tips or suggestions?

pellet stove

i haven't seen many of these, but my father has a wall tent stove and it is a pellet stove. it is pretty handy when u go to a area where the wood has already been taken by other campers. it starts fast and feeds itself like a normal pellet stove! i can see if i can post a pic. if u would like, have noy done that yet! :rolleyes:
it is in my garage now, it works nice to keep the chill off, in the winter! it's a nice little stove. it heats a wall tent12x14 pretty easy! just a thought!

Get tepee, build fire ring... :D

So for a drive to camp... I'd get out the torch and welder, find a 55 gal drum, cut one side flat and weld on a peice of 3/16 steel on it... put pipe legs onit and a water warmer on the back. My hunting buddy has one and it will drive ya out of the tent, but has enough cooking room to feed an army. I think he has about $75 invested in it too...

For several years, we've used a "Four dog stove" in our wall tent. Is VERY well built and durable (not like many supposed "wall tent" stoves), will heat up quick and cook you out of a tent pretty easily. The fire lasts suprisingly long for the size of the stove. Check them out I feel they are worth it. www.fourdog.com/

So for a drive to camp... I'd get out the torch and welder, find a 55 gal drum, cut one side flat and weld on a peice of 3/16 steel on it... put pipe legs onit and a water warmer on the back. My hunting buddy has one and it will drive ya out of the tent, but has enough cooking room to feed an army. I think he has about $75 invested in it too...

Truck base camp... The good ole drum works great! I have welded a few for some friends. :)
Very simple as Bambistew mentioned.
1. A cutting wheel on a grinder,
2. a nice line to follow for cutting the door. (I frame the inside with angle iron as then you use the flap you cut out as your door and it seals good).
3. a nice line to follow around the entire drum for good level plate placement.
4. weld the top plate (cut the pipe hole before)
5. bottom, weld the pipe threaded plates and put caps on the end of the threaded pipe... Presto, done deal (for the most part)... :)

I am in AZ, atm... if you don't want a drum taking up space in your truck - feel free to PM me if you want a "collapsible" type camp stove. A pic of one is in the thread, http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=244378&page=2
When I return (April) I'll be happy to craft one up at cost. I have to make one for a friend anyhow... (That goes for any Hunt Talker)

I purchase stove pipes and Dampers from Kni-Co. Fantastic company and great service! I know they have several great camp stoves offered as well! http://www.kni-co.com

Good luck in your decision.

+1 for the Kni-co. I have used the Alaskan and I own the Packer. It heats up a 12x12 alaknak great but needs stoking during the night.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back