Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wall Ped mount question...

Moosie

Grand poopa
On my NM buck from last year I'm gunna do a Wall Ped mount turned to the left.

Should I do the Ears foward alert ? Give me some sugestions and Ideas. the form is coming in so It'll be mounted soon...............

Here's my coues deer I mounted a couple of years ago. I like the one ear forward one back myself.
coues1a.jpg

I prefer the ears to be back on a deer mount. I think there's very few times when you see a relaxed deer in the wild with it's ears forward. I don't want a buck on the wall to look like he's about to get whacked.;)

This isn't a wall pedistal, but is an example of a more natural position, IMO.

DeerMt1.JPG

DeerMt2.JPG

DeerMt3.JPG

them are some nice mounts I am with OAK on this one. I have seen some of the deer you shot and if you put the ears back it makes the rack look bigger;) ;)

I think the ear set depends on the form type...that is I'm with Oak in not liking ears forward on a straight or slightly turned mount but I do like them on a full sneek type. The top mount below looks good, IMHO, but I don't particularly like the second mount.

bridgesmulie3-1.jpg

If you have a buck with good width, say at least 26", then put the ears forward, but if you killed a buck that is narrow, then put his ears back. It makes them look bigger because you don't get a frame of reference on how wide he is. Hope that helps. I had Sam Raby of Utah custom make this wall pedestal for me and these pics don't do him justice. I wanted this buck to be looking back over his shoulder at me. All the time you see bucks look back over their shoulder. When they do that their ears are forward so they can hear you click the safety off. He has a 28" mainframe. 195 Gross. See story Eastmans Dec/Jan2005.

Attachments

• Big Buck 1.JPG
    Big Buck 1.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Big Buck 2.JPG
    Big Buck 2.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 267
I'm gonna get some of him on the wall now that he's home. He looks awesome. Gotta get some batteries for the camera. I let down on my boyscout duties.

Jackpot!!!! OK I found the batteries but I don't know why she keeps so many in her night stand. Must be for the TV remotes. Anyway I found enough for my camera. Here is the buck actually on the wall. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Buck 11.JPG
    Buck 11.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 255
  • Buck 21.JPG
    Buck 21.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 260
  • Buck 31.JPG
    Buck 31.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 253
Oscar:

On a wall pedastal mount, I prefer the ears in the "natural" position. Not alert or forward, but not pointing back either. Here are a few pedestal mounts (center) of two velvet bucks a friend of mine has on his trophies. I think they both look natural and not the classic "ears alert" position. Hope it helps.

TrophyRoom.JPG

Hey Bohntr, if you keep shooting the small ones you'll never kill a big one. :eek:
That is one amazing trophy wall, for any hunter, but especially a bowhunter.

This is an impressive trophy room......but NOT mine....sorry for the confusion. It's a friend of mine's family trophy room. I just used his since I don't have any wall ped deer mounts photos. But, I did tell him and his brothers to quit arrowing dinky bucks. :D

Another Pic

Here's a couple pics of the deer I got last year. I had posted one of the pics earlier this year but here it is again. I was real happy with this mount.

Attachments

• My buck resized 2.bmp
    14.1 KB · Views: 206
  • My buck resized.bmp
    14.1 KB · Views: 208

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back