Walking out the door !!!

Moosie

Grand poopa
73 hours .. Not that I'm counting down or anything
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Not sure how you can sleep Moosie. That would definately be a hunt of a lifetime for me. Hopefully I will do one within the next 10 years.

It goes without saying, but I want lots of pictures. I don't care if you run out of food, but film or disk space shortages are unacceptable.

Have a blast man.

Moose man,

you're doomed. until the countdown gets to blast off, you will worthless at work and home.

Good luck if i don't see you in the morning.

T Bone

56 HOURS !!!OK OK OK.. Uhhhh CRAP.. GO over list.. PACk everything.. UN PACK Everything.. Tyson is on his WAY to pick up the Truck... CRAP, It's getting near... BREATH BREATH.... OK OK >. UHhhh check the List, LBG jsut PMed ya and Has the rest of the FOOD.. OK OK.. I'm OK at that end, Still need to get Waders in AK.. NEED to pick up GAS there.. Uhhh still need some stuuff.. Get the paper, Fiull out the List. Break out the 2 trips better.. Reweigh stuff....... List is Upstairs.. THE key for the GUN case ... Were is it ? CRAP !! Can't find it... DAD comes in tomorrow.. ALREADY !! time is near. Gu n shoots OK, HAVE the PApers for the Meeting tomorrow. Meet LArry at the Office early to go to the Airport to fly to Northern Idoho ... CRAP, Who's bringing me to work on Wed ? OHH Ask Mike.. MY truck is gone, And Thuirsday... Warren is bringing me to the Airport at 5AM... 5 AM>.. CRAP.. Thats in 3 days.. NO.. Thats in 2 days, Today is already MONDAY !! UHHhhggggg... Talked to LBG, Give him a call tomorrow evening jsut to make sure he'll remember ya. Got the Sat phone.. Is it Charged ?!? !YES !! OK.. Bateries... ? YES, Uhhh dad need to go shopping tomorrow.. Bring Scale home from office to weigh stuff tomorrow evening... people are leaving on Trips left and right !! Elk Jerky was made.. All Sealed and Frozen.. Don't forget to pull out of Freezer and take with you.. Take it out tonight so ya don't forget. Crystal light is in container.. Camp lamp is Charged ...

Crap , Head hurts... WHAT am I forgetting !>?!? ?Tickets !! OHH I have ticketless tickets !! OK.... licence gets bought in AK that day.. Check. I didn't get in good enough shape .. Bring Exra Asprin for sore back.. I hope I shoot something...

WHEN DOES a GUY jsut sit down and REST ?!?!?

I guess on the Plane ride.. till then I'm FUGGED on sleep !!!! TICK..... TOCK..... TICK.... TOCK.... TICK.... TOCK.....TICK..

Hehe...I am packed and ready to go. Checked the list...twice. Pack is ready...weighs 51 lbs w/o rifle, water, and fuel. Rental car is awaiting. Breakfast w/ friends Friday a.m. Swing by ADF&G and pick up my tags (ordered my license online three months ago) while we are out for fuel. Go stand in line at DMV and get my wife's new plates for her truck. What else am I forgetting...NOTHING!!! I am ready to go w/ 68 hours to spare. What to do now...hmmmm. Might go scratch myself...BBL.

A WATCH !! Don't forget the Watch.. need an Alarm.. might not wake up.. Got it !!

WOW.. NOW I have everything.... And Jsut burned 1 hour thinknig about it
wink.gif
NOW I'm checking the list and adding a few things that was on my mind but didn't right down. Also making a "Pick up in AK list" Haven't done that yet.. GET busy BOY.. TIME is Ticking.. STRESSESD ?!?!? Uhhhh no.. I should Take Ovis's Idea And Scratch Myself !!!!!
wink.gif

Moosie, you've got to relax!

Just kidding.
smile.gif

I've had a blast following your packing dilemma's. If it helps any, I think your well prepared.

Gotta get real, and keep it basic. You've got...

shelter
food
guns/ammo
tags

...everything else is cake.
smile.gif

In my experience, this is the worst time in doing any hunt. The last few hours worrying about what you may have forgotten. The best part (besides deciding basically where and when to hunt) is when you get on the plane, and realize that it's a done deal, and even if you forgot anything, there's nothing you can do about it.

You've got a sattelite phone, and if you need anything important, you can always call your flight service and get it within a day or two. Yep, it will be expensive, but you CAN get whatever you need.

Besides, getting the State of Alaska firearm entry permit was the hardest thing, right?...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Besides, getting the State of Alaska firearm entry permit was the hardest thing, right?... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhhhhh YAH, that thing...
confused.gif

We don't need no STINKING PERMITS !!!
wink.gif

(Fugger
tongue.gif
)

THANx B-dub !! I know I should relax.. BUT I was at the Computer last night thiunking about stuff and Reading posts of everyone leaving on these trips (JB Florida to New Mexico, Tbone for Sheep, Ect..)and it hit me like a ton of brick, I leave in 2 days. I made a few posts and jumped up to go check my list and was Sprinting out when Mr's Moosie was coming in the home office and wondering why I wasn't breathing all that good
eek.gif
For about 2 mins I was in a Panic !!! BUT, Today I feel much better....

Like you said, I do have a Visa and a Sat. phone
wink.gif
Were is the closest Domino's PIZZA.....
shhh.gif

Moosie .......... Dude!
C H I L L O U T !

You have got it all man,
Besides, I know I saw pop tarts and bullets on the list, so its in the bag buddy
biggrin.gif

Just remember to have fun and take photos!
And just take you list to that meeting you have on wednesday or thursday, Id like to be a fly on the wall for THAT! I would be a LITTLE distracted
smile.gif

Moosie -

Are you getting excited yet? Or are you coming down with the flu?? I'm trying to decide if I should chase bou tomorrow & thrusday or keep my eyes glued to your progress! LOL Not real sure which is more fun!

Ovis -

You have my sympathy for having to go to DMV there in Anchorage. Hope you are lucky with the line.

Moosie,

What no permit? Oh, that must have been something I read about Africa.
wink.gif

Moosie, you had beeter get your list out and double check it again to make sure no one took anything out.

You need to relax a little bit. Heck go get yourself a big greasy burger and a shake and you will feel better.

Only a little more time to go and you will be heading out. Good luck to ya.

Just remember, I'm ready. I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!
wink.gif

But whos counting
wink.gif
. Its just another trip ( yeah right try and tell moosie that
wink.gif
)

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member