WA Selkirk Moose.

Goldtip

Got this Moose on the 5th. Had a couple of good friends along who helped out and we had a great time. Called in several smallish bulls I could have taken with the bow, but nothing I wanted to burn a OIL tag on. Got this one late the night of the 5th.

Attachments

• gtmoose.jpg
    gtmoose.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 760
  • 09 WA Moose Hunt 039.jpg
    09 WA Moose Hunt 039.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 741
Great Bull, Congrats!
There has been quite a few good bulls hittin the ground here this year.

Nice looking bull, congrats. There always seems to be a few good ones running around that part of WA, as well as the Idaho panhandle.

Yep, Doug can call Moose that is for damn sure. Glad he was there, he has a few tricks up his sleeve that I am not sure I would have tried, but sure as heck got this bull to show himself.

Nice job, good looking bull. You're more brave than I, carrying that moose rack through the thick stuff, attached to your head! :eek:;)

Thats a good point Oak. Looking at it now, was not real bright. To be honest I watched several four wheelers, and 3-4 trucks, one of which I know was another Moose hunter drive by in plain sight above me on the road while we were in the bottom butchering and not a one of them saw us. Not sure how they would have seen a Moose as they road hunted on by.

Great bull!!! I've been seeing a few of them out and about while working the past week. Sure would love to get a tag for one.

Wyodeerhunter, I am doing a Euro mount on this bull. The bull you see in my avatar pic I killed in Canada last year and is 55" and I had him shoulder mounted, and it's ridiculous how much room they take up in a house! So this one is going to be a Euro.

Nice bull!
Still a OIL tag up there? I lived in E.WA from '78- 84, and it was a OIL tag then too. But beautiful country, the Selkirk...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back