WA Bear proposal, support needed!

Dunning Kruger

If you're going to email it would be nice to add a side note that we need more spring bear permits along the east slope of the Cascades.

Yet they had hound hunts for cougars after it was banned...the WDFW could do it if they wanted to.
No, the only hound hunts for cougars are for depredation removals, not recreational hunting. The current bear proposal is what were getting right now, and its a hell of a lot more than most people believed we could get. so for now we need to support this, and work on getting more later.

If you're going to email it would be nice to add a side note that we need more spring bear permits along the east slope of the Cascades.
We are still trying to get otc spring bear. Wont happen this year, if ever, but there are some of us out there that will keep pushing for it. Oh, and i was told by wdfw there will also be more cougar opportunity on the table for 2020 season, at least for the northeast units. Dont have enough definitive info yet to want to post what exactly the changes may be.

Last edited:
already did i support only thing i added was either more northeast tags or general spring season

Today is the last day to take the survey and comment. Anybody who knows anybody in WA that would take just one minute to support this, please send them the link.

We are still trying to get otc spring bear. Wont happen this year, if ever, but there are some of us out there that will keep pushing for it. Oh, and i was told by wdfw there will also be more cougar opportunity on the table for 2020 season, at least for the northeast units. Dont have enough definitive info yet to want to post what exactly the changes may be.
More cougar opportunity in the NE units? Tell me more.

Cant really tell you more right now, because i dont know the specifics. It wont be until next year anyway.

I keep including the desire for more spring bear opportunities in all my interactions. Hope it pays off. We have plenty and bears and they're darn tasty.

How hard is it to draw? I would love to try a give a go at a Washington spring bear hunt.

How hard is it to draw? I would love to try a give a go at a Washington spring bear hunt.
Personally I think the fall is the better hunt. Spring time you can catch bears peeling trees which is rather interesting, but in the fall there is nothing like going to a huckleberry patch and seeing what came to the buffet.

Personally I think the fall is the better hunt. Spring time you can catch bears peeling trees which is rather interesting, but in the fall there is nothing like going to a huckleberry patch and seeing what came to the buffet.
In my area berries are pretty much dried up by sep 1st. But with an august opener, huckleberries and service berries will be prime.

Back