vx2 vs. vx3

Rooster52

I recently bought a new scope for my 270wsm. I looked at these two scopes and could not really tell the difference in clarity or light gathering. Ended up with the VX2 3-9x40.
Same warranty. And a lot less money .

I recently bought a new scope for my 270wsm. I looked at these two scopes and could not really tell the difference in clarity or light gathering. Ended up with the VX2 3-9x40.
Same warranty. And a lot less money .

The vx3 will gather a lot more light in very low/no light conditions. During legal hunting hours though, You will be just fine with the vx2.

I've used the VX-2 3-9X40exclusively for the past few years and it is as solid as it gets. I don't have much experience with the VX-3, but have looked thru both and am convinced the VX-2 will do 99% of what the VX-3 will do. I do wish they would make the VX-2 in 2.5-8x36 though. Nifty little scope.

I'm sold on the vx-3.

That said, there's not much wrong with the VX-2, which is comparable to the old Vari-X III. I just think the VX-3 has better light transmission and a little bit clearer glass.

I did notice the improved clarity in the VX3 over the VX2 while in the field. Converting over to the VX3 on all my rifles and only have one left to switch.

I've had the same VX2 on my 7mm mag since 1980 and have never had a problem. I have no problems with light gathering. If it's too dark to see it's probably past legal hunting hours anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back