VX2 vs. Redfield Revolution

Redfield is made by Leupold. You need to look at the specs to decide which is better, VX2 is not the top of the line IMHO. Leupold flip up caps fit on Redfield too. Peace!

I have both, got a Redfield 2 years ago and the vx2 about 6 months ago. Side by side I really do like the vx2 better, it seems to be a little clearer and a better field of view.

The VX-2's are a damn good scope for the money. Plus, they can be fitted with any number of turret and reticle options. mtmuley

While I would say VX-2 you really need to look at them side by side outside too most places will let you do that. I did this with Binos comparing Vortex to Zeiss and Leica. Only you can decide how big the difference in clarity is and if it's worth it to you the extra cost

VX2 is solid. My only complaint is that on mine the magnification adjustment is really stiff. Not really sure why this is. I may give Leupold a ring. Anybody have this issue on a Leupold?

VX2 is solid. My only complaint is that on mine the magnification adjustment is really stiff. Not really sure why this is. I may give Leupold a ring. Anybody have this issue on a Leupold?
I had this problem when I first put my VX2 on my Rem 7mm mag. The rear scope mount was too close the the adjustment making it very hard to turn. It took only the most minute amount of grinding with a Dremel then reblued the mounting ring. Since it is facing
the adjustment ring it is not visible anyway.

Tightening the rings farmer tight.

Things don't have to be hammered down to keep the scope from moving.. And squeezing the crap outta the tube just binds things up.

Put some sticky stuff from a post-it note on the insides of the rings, tighten sensibly, you're good to go.

Just loosened up the screws a bit and things loosened right up! Thanks for the great advice Rancho.

I have a Redfield Revolution scope that came as a package on my new Ruger American 30-06. So far I am happy with the scope. It holds zero well and the glass is clear under the conditions I've used it for. I would have no trouble recommending this scope to a friend.

Throwing another option in,Nikon Buckmaster ? They are on sale all most everywhere.

Throwing another option in,Nikon Buckmaster ? They are on sale all most everywhere.

I have two VX2 scopes and absolutely love them... never one issue even after banging and dragging one of them over and over on a sheer rock face (unknowingly) while it was lashed to my pack. Scratched up a little but did not affect its performance.

Having said that.... my friend has a Nikon (that was cheaper) and has had nothing but good things to say about it. I think it is nice but I like my Leupold's better.

I think it is what fits your taste and gives you the best "feel" while looking through it.

I have a VX-2 and a Redfield Revolution. Both are 3-9x40. The VX-2 on my Savage 220f and the Redfield on my TC muzzleloader. Both have worked great for about 5 years. The VX-2 is better, but both work. I'd say the Redfield is more along the lines of a VX-1 or a Rifleman.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back