vortex spotting scopes

golfer

I was wondering if any of you out there have had any expirence with this brand of spotting scope and if not what would you recommend as I cannot afford something like swaroski's as I am in college for the next few years. Any input would be greatly apprecitated.

i think the zen ray is great for 1000.00. I have a brand new Vortex Skyline 20-60x that ill sell ya! used it 1 time on a bear hunt.

Last edited:
Check out THERON if your looking for a good scope on a budget price. PM me and I can give you or any forum member a better deal.
Pat

I have used a vortex nomad spotter the past few years. Worked well on CO and WY lope hunts but I haven't used it much here in Iowa. It's good glass for the money. I've been satisfied with it but I'm no expert at glassing. If I hunted out west each year, I'd start saving for a swaro or the like. Better to spend the money once than mutliple times if you can manage it somehow.

phantom, I totally agree with the fact that buy it once and not multiple times, but with goin to school full time that part becomes really tough on what you can spend on such things...however, how did that nomad seem to be when or if you used it at dawn and or dusk?

Nomad is a good scope, expecially for the price. The warranty and their service is outstanding.

phantom, I totally agree with the fact that buy it once and not multiple times, but with goin to school full time that part becomes really tough on what you can spend on such things...however, how did that nomad seem to be when or if you used it at dawn and or dusk?

At over $25k in day care annually, I cannot go the high-end route on gear myself. I totally understand where you're coming from.

The nomad seemed fine in low light conditions...pretty clear and crisp images. I selected a price range and then researched a lot before going the vortex route. The birdwatchers seemed to like the brand and the warranty/service is supposed to be good. After looking through one, i was sold on it, especially as i was satisfied with their binos i was using.

I hadn't heard of theron glass a few years ago when i was researching. Lots of good things here on HT about them so they'd be worth checking out.

Good luck with your decision and the school thing...I'm too old to go back to school full-time!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back