Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Vortex Diamondback vs. Crossfire

RyanSoNorCal

Is there really much a difference to justify an additional $75-$90? Been using my brother in laws Cabela compact for now. Not a big fan I must say. I bow hunt mostly. Only about 4-5 times a year. Once my boys get a little older hopefully it will increase my time as I can bring’em along. I hunt mostly pigs, deer & just started my luck with black bears in CA. Mostly B,C & D3-5 zones. Eventually I’ll spend some $$& and get the Razor but for now I figured Crossfire would be sufficient.

I have several Vortex optics including rifle scopes, a spotting scope, binocs and a rangefinder. I prefer Crossfires over Diamondbacks, even though Diamondbacks are a higher grade glass than Crossfires. My one Diamondback scope lives on a .22LR after starting out on a 30-06. My Diamondback spotting scope is fine for the range and I’ve used it out west but if I needed to use it consistently I’d switch up to Viper, if not Razor.

Crossfire scopes are great value. If you need something better than Crossfire skip Diamondback and go to Viper. I have a 4-16x44 Viper HS and I like it. I LOVE my Viper HD 10x42 binocs. A phenomenal value rifle scope is the Viper HS 2.5-10.

Point is, you are right to question the value between Crossfire and Diamondback. You’ll get better eye relief with Crossfire which equals more comfort. If you want better glass quality than Crossfire skip up to Viper. Razor glass is awesome but Viper is phenomenal value - you’ll usually see significant declining margins of return going from Viper to Razor.

I do have a few Razor HD LH scopes that are AWESOME value, but it’s the unique G4 BDC reticle exclusive to the scopes that draws me to them - I’d be perfectly happy if it was Viper glass, but would not invest in Diamondback glass over Crossfire.

Much appreciated this is most helpful.

Im going to pickup the Crossfire HD 10x42 binos. I see them on sale right now for $139.99. I meant upgrading to Viper not Razor in my previous post. I’ll probably upgrade to them when a draw a prime tag.

Thanks again!

I had one Crossfire scope and it was like looking through $3 blue tinted sunglasses from Wal-Mart. IMO the Diamondback is a huge step up for not much more money. Look at aaoptics.com and get refurbs with the same Vortex warranty.

I'm in full agreement with Buckyranger.

I have 3 Crossfire II, and down to 1 Diamondback now.

For the extra money, the Diamondback has no added features that make it better than the Crossfire II.
Glass quality is equal.

I've actually moved away from Vortex, and am buying Sightron instead.

Better glass, i like the tracking better, and less expensive than Vortex.
And i like the reticles better in the Sightrons. They don't flare out as quickly as Vortex.

If you are going to eventually get the Vipers anyways, why not just get them now? Or save up to get them to begin with. I would get the best binoculars you can afford.

Is there really much a difference to justify an additional $75-$90? Been using my brother in laws Cabela compact for now. Not a big fan I must say. I bow hunt mostly. Only about 4-5 times a year. Once my boys get a little older hopefully it will increase my time as I can bring’em along. I hunt mostly pigs, deer & just started my luck with black bears in CA. Mostly B,C & D3-5 zones. Eventually I’ll spend some $$& and get the Razor but for now I figured Crossfire would be sufficient.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm a big fan of Vortex. I own two pairs of their binos, two Razor HD LH riflescopes, and a spotter. However, their cheaper imported optics from China (crossfire) and the Philippines (Diamondback) have been less than impressive for me. One migrated zero about 6" at 100 yards on a rifle that was kept undisturbed in a safe one season.

So far, the two Burris Fullfields I own have been rock solid. Same size, weight, price point and warranty, and there seem to be very few reports of their failures that I've been able to find. That's what all my lightweight rigs wear.

I’m a cheap ass and rarely hunt with centerfire. I own two crossfires there great. I also own a 95mm btx so that’s where my money went. I hunt black powder so optics in Nevada is a no go on a black powder rifle.

Does anyone know if Vortex has improved the eye relief on the Diamondack 3-9X40 scopes? Im told they are a decent scopes but had terrible eye relief. Thanks !!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back