Vision for Montana in 20 years

If you look at the breakup of public and private land in Montana you have to guarantee some of those tags get hunted on private. Maybe because a lot on here can’t stomach outfitter tags you make them private land tags?
I think that it would be better to redraw units so that the boundaries better reflect the ownership of the land. For example, keeping 702, 704 and 705 tied together in to 799-20. I would go even farther in drawing boundaries but this would be a start.

I think it is a little unfair to compare outfitters in Arizona to those in Montana. Outfitters in Arizona have a business model that relies on getting clients with close to once in a lifetime tags to harvest a once in a lifetime type of trophy. Montana's outfitters have a business model that relies on opportunity. In order for Montana's outfitter to succeed with the Arizona business model, Montana is going to have to give out tags the way Arizona does.
Fair enough point. I just feel that if we can take 6 or 7/11 sheep hunters, an outfitter should be able to book 8, 10, 18, 26, however many deer and elk hunts it takes, out of 17,000 if they are offering a service worth buying at their price.
FWP could help with this, not by giving handouts, but by changing season structure to improve the hunt quality.

Good idea but never would work. To much of a liability and honestly most people probably can’t even run a simple fence stretcher. Why waste the ranchers time in showing someone for them just to Screw it up so it has to be redone anyways taking twice as long as before? Would be a bigger headache than the phone calls in the fall
AZ does an adopt a ranch program. Where they do work projects on a ranch. We’ve installed elk jumps, waters, cleaned up fencing. It was worked very well. Takes the right land owner

Back