Yeti GOBOX Collection

Vigilante Kills Granfathers killer

Ten Bears

It's not that good, just though that would get you here to read it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Nine-point pet buck kills grandfather

Grandson discovers body, shoots deer

Associated Press — Feb. 27, 2003

GILBERTOWN, Ala. — An elderly man was killed Monday when his pet deer attacked him.

The nine-point buck gored and mauled 79-year-old Donald Sellers while Sellers was working on a fence on his property Monday in the Chapel Hill community, according to Choctaw County Sheriff Don Lolley.

Sellers had raised the deer since it was a fawn and the sheriff says it often became aggressive during the rutting and mating season. He believes that might have prompted the attack.

A grandson discovered the body, then shot and killed the deer when it acted aggressively toward him. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man that sucks.

But didn't I read some posts down here that say if they are penned they are no longer wild?
rolleyes.gif

I remember something like that Bill. Something about being "tame" animals raised in captivity...

cool.gif

People think they can take a wild animal and turn it into a pet and expect to always be safe around it. How many times do we have to hear these kinda stories to realize there's always a danger involved?

I know some people who have three bobcats running loose in their house that they have raised since they were kittens. Two of the bobcats started fighting over some food recently and it was a disaster for the house!
biggrin.gif
Strangers coming into the house have to be real carefull about the bobcat's territory. The family has three kids and each kid sleeps with a bobcat! Interesting situation. Any non-family member who tries to pet one of the cats is taking a pretty big chance!
biggrin.gif
I like to sit there and watch the bobcats, though. They also have some regular domestic cats, but they get killed by the bobcats if they infringe on their territory. The domestic cats stay out in the barn. The bobcats are kinda shy around strangers, but one of them is friendly towards me.

Two bobcats are male. The family is going to let the female roam around outside soon when she's in heat so she'll get bred by a wild bobcat--not one of her brothers. This should be pretty interesting!
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-02-2003 10:35: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]</font>

I dont feel sorry for the guy...got what he deserved.

Try to tame wild animals and you sometimes have to pay the piper. Remember he had a choice not to raise deer.

Another good reason to leave wild animals in the wild.

No, not sour at all, maybe just too realistic for some.

Trying to keep those posting numbers up?

You'll be the king someday of all posters on HT, keep up the informative posts.
rolleyes.gif

Even after thousands of years of domestication, dogs and even cattle can become violent/aggressive. It's that guys fault, plain and simple. Did he have a license for raising wild animals?

GH- I don't think shooting penned animals is against SCI. Do they have to be during a state sanctioned season?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-23-2003 16:10: Message edited by: 1_pointer ]</font>

SITKA Pre Season Savings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madicks2
Back