Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Video cams

Basser

Looking for a digital video cam, so I thought I'd see what would you guys suggest. Probably can't go big time quite yet since I'm on a students income (living on borrowed money) but need something that is quality, good zoom, and easier to edit then what my hunting buddy and I have been using the past couple seasons.

Thanks in advance.

I'd like to keep it under a grand if possible. Not really sure about the zoom, what would you guys suggest?

You will find that for outdoor filming a high zoom lens is useless if the actual lens itself is really small because it will be dark and blurry. look at lense size, just like you should with a still camera.
check out camcorderinfo.com and pay attention to reviews in the low light performance on reviews. I have a new camera and happy with it but editing is tough still because of newer format but my last camera was really bad in low light and made it useless for a lot of deer filming in the woods. You really need to sit down and do a lot of thinking about what it is you will be useing this camera for the most and then research it on those parimeters. Mine was physical size (packability), low light performance (most time i use it), and no tape drive(less dust and dirt worries). yours may be different. Biggest downside of my choice?? I had to buy a $120 editing software because of the new format, and a new top end PC to handle the editing. But.... it takes great footage

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back