Vicarious Living

Jape

After going 0/20 on tags this year 😖 I decided to have a good attitude and live vicariously through friends/family. First up was my hunting buddy wife’s moose tag. It was a lot of fun scouting throughout the summer into fall with our wives. It provided the perfect date nights, covertly disguised as scouting trips 😉 We found some good bulls in the early fall.
86D38D37-4B90-428D-9FA4-8BC24C22C6DE.jpegBBC2A2D0-2275-4709-8084-5A88A49D8793.jpeg

The problem we ran into was they were located in highly popular areas with lots of tourists/hikers. The areas were 100% legal, but that was not the type of hunt we were looking for. So, we relocated to some different areas that didn’t hold the quality of bulls, but did hold the quality of creation.

A3BCA1E7-9EF3-4C39-948D-80FDF4C0D1B3.jpegC7696E64-2770-47E9-8763-6702E4E97F1B.jpeg

After hitting this area for a week, we finally found a bull Stephanie was excited about.

304C9113-4B72-4EF9-9794-56EEFB0EFF1D.jpeg

He actually broke his left antler on the fall (always surprises me when that happens) but that’s an easy fix. Legs may never feel the same after that pack out but wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Congrats!
What state/unit were you in?
I filled my moose tag a few days ago, and a little sad it’s over. Hope some friends of mine get one some day so I can go again. Some of the most fun, but frustrating hunting I’ve ever done. It’s amazing how such a big animal can disappear in a matter of seconds

Wow! Grats on the harvest and your support for the hunt! Pretty awesome!

Nice moose! And you certainly won't starve, even for striking out on 20 tags.

Looks like Stephanie is the bread winner this year.

Congrats!
What state/unit were you in?
I filled my moose tag a few days ago, and a little sad it’s over. Hope some friends of mine get one some day so I can go again. Some of the most fun, but frustrating hunting I’ve ever done. It’s amazing how such a big animal can disappear in a matter of seconds
It was in Utah. Yeah, it was surprisingly hard to find them sometimes!

Congrats to you guys sounds like a good time helping her get him

Back