Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Very sad news

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Those of you who have spent time in Montana and northern Wyoming, or read the Billings Gazette, know of Mark Henckel, the Outdoors Editor of that paper.

Mark was not only a great journalist, who would take on the tough topics, but would do so in a way that was fair and balanced. He was a huge advocate to the average hunter in Montana, always fighting for more public access and providing voice for the resident hunters. If you are involved in the politics of wildlife, habitat, and access in Montana, you know Mark, and you know him as one of the friends you can count on.

As you can see in the link below, Mark passed away from a heart attack this weekend. Very sad deal. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

The walleye tournaments will not be the same without Mark there. Nor will the FWP commission meetings, or the legislative sessions, or the ............

Thanks Mark, for all you did on behalf of wildlife and hunters of Montana and Wyoming. We will miss you.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/article_15eda3de-6c46-11df-b42f-001cc4c002e0.html

This is horrible news, Mark will be missed.

We're really blessed to have some awesome local outdoor writers here in Montana.
Shame to see one of them go like this.

My condolences to the Henckel family. I figured when Mark made it through his Lund coming off its trailer on I-90 a few years ago that nothing was going to get him. The public trust has lost one of its greatest champions.

This is a sad day for MT and the rest of the world, folks like Mark are too few. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Henckel family.

Very sad news.I read the Gazette every day on-line,usually jumping to the "outdoors" column hoping for something new.Henckel was a good writer who covered it all.His passions shined through. I will miss his efforts to inform,clearly he was a decent human being.Thanks Mark.

Our thoughts and prayers to Carol, his wife, as well as sons Andy and Matt their wives and all 5 grandchildren. Mark will be sorely missed, never forgotten, and impossible to replace at the Gazette. The average DIY hunter has lost a true ally. Thanks Mark for all you did. You left us at a way too young age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back