PEAX Equipment

very disturbing video

I heard from a Guy many years ago that his Outfitter shot and Killed 2 guys for Poaching. These guys look like they were poaching.

I have mixed feelings on African Poaching. It's not like America poaching (Usually) most of the time it's People that want to kill something to eat. Thats all they have and they are willing to die to try..... becasue they would die otherwise.

Anyways, YAH, Disturbing.....

what about the guys killing the Elephants with the chopper, and the mass graves at the end. The part with the jeeps running the trip line was pretty much a poaching thing i would guess. the spear chucking was interesting to see because it shows how it has been done for ages, but you have to wonder if it was poaching as well or not related to the other parts of the video. It would be very interesting to hear the truth about this video.

i took it the person or person's that put the video together see hunting and poaching as the same evil.

My guess is it's a colaberation of poahing video. Who knows ? There was a Bear initiative here some years ago and guys aginst hunting bears aired a Video (of poachers) shooting cubs and potrayed it as bear hunting. If I was the NON Hunting public or 50/50 on the hunting, I would have voted to close bear hunting down. Fortunately....Welcome to Idaho, we crushed it. But it doesn't take much of a Video, unethially, legal or not, to taint the sport.

The Trip line was "interesting" to say the least. I would say Interesting... but your word "Disturbing" fits better for the vdeo. I've seen many an Animal Die but for some reasonmy face Cringed and I winced through the whole video.......

I had the hardest time watching the elephant die from the spears. I just like them for what they are i guess and seeing him pull the spears out with it's truck was sad. It almost looked like the chukers were aiming for the eyes didnt it?

That stuff was pretty sick. If they were doing it for food to survive off of thats fine, but if it was just for the destruction of it thats horrible.

Steiny said:
Hence the term .... spear chuckers.
Found myself rooting for the animals to stomp a little azz.
I thought we would see it too, when they messed with the cape buff. But i guess getting speared from all directions my be confusing to the animal

reminds me of growing up in FL, it took more than one of them to take me down. never attack by themself.

Crude, distasteful, but if they are fighting for survival for food than, I guess it is warrented

This was posted on AR about 4-5 months ago. Supposedlly the mass graves where from some fight in Uganda or someplace from years ago, the elephant shot from the helocopters was more than likely a 'cull' hunt.... you want to talk about disturbing do a little reserch on cull hunts for elephants.

The spear chuckers really didn't disturb me all that much. We would have all done the same thing if thats what we had.

Poaching??? I didn't get that from any of it. Like Moosie said in the first post poaching is a diffrent story in Africa.

poaching or not those guys must have sets the size of coconuts to take on those animals with a pointy stick.

This one was pretty cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbC0dHUtG50&NR
I think the only thing that saved the guys life was if you watch close the lion slips in the huge pile of chit the guy dropped when the lion was still 10 feet away. I have heard that is a very usefull technigue when you find yourself not at the top of the food chain!! Also the reason for wearing shorts on an african safari:D

Hntnhrd, That video has made it's rounds. I think the Guy is an Idiot. I mean Really...... You drug a Lion, put in in a fenced area. Shoot at it 8-9 times and almost die ? That skinny Non Hunting SOB should have died. His "Guides" suck as well...... Jsut my opinion but he's a Dumb A$$.

Terrible video... Makes me really sick to watch the hippo's and elephants take that long to die.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back