Very Dangerous time of year upon us.

JJHACK

Hard to believe this bore site has less damage then the gun or the guy!

In general many of us get complacent in our gun handling over time. My soon to be 6 year old son is always around my guns now when we go shooting. I watch like a hawk and am checking to see the status of guns constantly, with a sickness and dedication that makes me feel like I'm packing around Nitro glycerine. I cannot imagine anything happening to that little guy, or me putting the guilt for life on his shoulders. Only now do I recognize jut how much I've taken for granted when with other adults.

Please let this be a reminder right now to all of you with a gun that you cannot call that bullet back, you can't unring a bell. These are very dangerous and deadly tools we have in our hands!

Barrel_rupture_1.jpg

barrel_rupture_2.jpg

barrel_rupture_3.jpg

barrel_rupture_4.jpg

Yikes! I've seen the first 3 photos, but not the smaller bottom one. I assumed that since the breech was intact, that the bolt and chamber contained the pressure and the shooter only got shook up. Either I was wrong or someone got creative and interjected the bottom photo from something else entirely.
Still, point well taken JJHack. I don't hunt with people who are nonchallant about guns.
PS. Leaving a lazer diode type arbor in the end of a scoped rifle's barrel is VERY easy to do. The scope tends to "look through" it because it's so close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back