Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Vertical Grip on a Hunting Rifle

I also prefer a vertical grip stock and find them more comfortable and easier to align myself with the rifle. There are many different variations of vertical grips also. Some are more vertical than others. Some of my favorites currently are Mcmillan Game Stalker/Game Hunter,Manners EH2, JCS sporter.

I have tried about a half dozen over the past 20 years. I just can't get used to them. Very uncomfortable to carry for me, and I tend to shoot better with conventional stocks. I kept a few for a season or two, but eventually they all went down the road. I do, however see them possibly being useful at the bench. Maybe I am just too set in my ways. Tried to like them, but they are definitely not for me.

I like my dual grip thumbholes. Nearly vertical grip on them. Unfortunately with the Monte Carlo cheekpiece it tends to knock your muffs off a bit with the recoil so I looked for muffs with a thinner earcup.

BUe754M.jpg

yWDdhvq.jpg

I know it is foolish aesthetics, but I prefer a delineation between the weapons I use for work and the rifles I use for enjoyment.....

From a practical perspective vertical grip ergonomics are going to foster better accuracy for most....

Old Nancy had some great advice for ungainly stocks on a hunting rifle

9572F2F7-61DA-4D85-8CB5-54D90C36B5F1.jpeg

Vertical grips are definitely more ergonomic and easier to get the proper trigger finger placement. I know these designs aren't for everyone's pallet but rifle shooting has progressed from the old days of "just hold 6" over the back" .
The wife's hunt rig for this year, chambered in....you guessed it. 6.5 Creed.
_MG_0203.jpg
_MG_0205.jpg

Different strokes for different folks - as in depends on the use. My 7 RM has a vertical grip on it and I really like it for it's intended use. My Winchester '94 has a nearly horizontal grip, and I like that to, for it's intended use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back