Venting on Animal Control

Mini Moose

Well in looking online and speaking with a few vets in my area as well as our animal control, i have recieved different information from everyone on which breed is most likely to bite, some say german shepard, others say small brreds like dashcunds top the list, i've also heard Golden retrievers and chow chows, from all the consensus is the same that the vicious breeds have less accounts of bites but when they do happen they have worse results leading people to believe that these breeds actually bite more.

That being said, i own a golden retriever. I also own a pit bull. i have had my golden for over 7 years and have thrown the ball at the park across the street from my house for him durring this entire period, my pit bull is now 9 months old and now that i finally have him chasing a ball and bringing it back to me, i have started taking him as well, in 7 years i have not had a problem at all but within 5 minutes of being there this time, animal control officers have showed up stating for the safety of the children that were not even at the park at the time i could not have a dog in the park without a leash.

Animal control in my area is under quite a bit of scrutiny from local owners of breeds that they have deemed vicious for targeting the owners for anything that they can to produce fines and even euthinization of the animals, tehy claim that they do not target the breeds but i find it hard to believe when i haven't had a problem for 7 years but within 5 minutes i am being spoken too with another breed,

I kinda just felt like venting a little bit here because i am sure that most here are not fans of pit bulls rottis boxers or dobbis, but i still don't feel that owners should be looked down upon for the carelessness of others and that all of these breeds can have good dogs and bad dogs, personally i believe it is the owner of the dog that will make it less or more agressive, but from the looks of it alot of people think that no matter what these breeds will always be agressive

Mini, The Pit has just too much Press against them and people are always going to jump to conclusions about them. Down south the Pit is used for Hog Hunting and as a "Look at me, I,m a Bad Ass" symbol among the Gangs. Get a Lunge Line from a Feed store as a leash (25') and exercise the Pit on it. John

Back