Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Venison bacon

My son had some made from his deer last fall, I will be getting some made this fall...

What was the recipe you tried? Hoping to get a doe or two later this season and would be interested in trying it out.

Looks real good and I enjoy it when I have it. I usually get it from a buddy. I make a point to harass him about calling it "bacon" though. It should be called "sliced venison breakfast sausage" or "venison fake'n". Real bacon comes from a pig.

I am making 25# batch this week. I see most folks smoking it or adding Maple Syrup to it. I was thinking of putting Liquid Smoke in it and doing it in the Shop oven where I can control the temps better. Anyone use an oven as opposed to an outdoor smoker? John

I am making 25# batch this week. I see most folks smoking it or adding Maple Syrup to it. I was thinking of putting Liquid Smoke in it and doing it in the Shop oven where I can control the temps better. Anyone use an oven as opposed to an outdoor smoker? John
Liquid smoke isn't my favorite taste. You could smoke it on low heat then finish in the oven I've done that before with other things. Sometimes it's hard to smoke stuff when it's zero out.

Haven't made it with venison, but I did make some goose bacon. It was amazing! If I hadn't told you it was goose you would swear it was ham.

Since it isn't whole meat wouldn't it be called Spam?😉
Not if you're boujie

tenor.gif

I didn't follow this recipe. The recipe I used was for the Crane bacon that Randy and company had in Arizona. I used whole goose breasts.

Back