Variety on Brownlee

Wish I lived a lot closer to Brownlee than I do. Best we have over here is Prineville Res and it's not bad but the fish are generally quite a bit smaller. Biggest I've got out of there is right at 10" but ave much closet to 8. Your not the guide in Richland are you? Tell me as you live there, is there a boarding kennel in Richland? To go I'd want to make several days to be worth the trip but have three dog's that would have to go with me. Used to fish for them in Montana many years ago. Get a bunch and freeze them and take out now and then to smoke, your's look nicer. Oh yea, we fished through the ice for them. Only fish I ever caught through the ice! Not real big on ice fishing in zero degree weather.

One more thing, how about catfish? I've heard from the guy with the store in Huntington they were doing good on them this year.

Last edited:
Way to go! I was out there and you guys out fished me big time I did however get a couple big slabs that really bent the ultralight.
The OP is the real deal!

Do you see the perch numbers going up ? It seems to be going up to me. If so I hope they don't take over.
I can't consistently find them. I wish I could when we're at the low end of a crappie cycle. On the Powder Arm there's a good run in early Spring for the spawn but then they get pretty scarce until late Summer. When I do find them there here today gone tomorrow. Those slabs you mentioned sure are nice fish. We haven't caught any big crappie lately. Today is another nice day with rain coming starting tomorrow. I'm fishing today with my wife and dad if we can still launch. Season is almost over and we haven't put any fish in the freezer for ourselves yet.

Wish I lived a lot closer to Brownlee than I do. Best we have over here is Prineville Res and it's not bad but the fish are generally quite a bit smaller. Biggest I've got out of there is right at 10" but ave much closet to 8. Your not the guide in Richland are you? Tell me as you live there, is there a boarding kennel in Richland? To go I'd want to make several days to be worth the trip but have three dog's that would have to go with me. Used to fish for them in Montana many years ago. Get a bunch and freeze them and take out now and then to smoke, your's look nicer. Oh yea, we fished through the ice for them. Only fish I ever caught through the ice! Not real big on ice fishing in zero degree weather.

One more thing, how about catfish? I've heard from the guy with the store in Huntington they were doing good on them this year.
No kennel that I know of, I'll ask around. We catch channel catfish all through the season but to really target them mid-June through July is more consistent.

Been too long, had some great adventures on Brownlee. Well done. Heading over soon to exact some revenge on the Chucker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back