Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Utah??

esracerx

OK, so after doing some light research I haven't really found what I'm looking for. I'm currently in the NM draw. We've been pretty successful in years past. But I'm trying to come up with a backup plan.

Based on herd size Utah seems to have a pretty comparable herd compared to New Mexico. It doesn't really have the notoriety other states have. I've been archery only to this point and I'd like to continue that. All the states have different rules, so it gets confusing without talking to someone that's been through it. Lots of new terms I'm not familiar with.

It looks like they have a lottery that's already happened but also offer OTC hunts. Can anyone offer any insight?

Utah offers general elk tags over the counter. There are any bull areas and spike only areas. They offer Archery, muzzle loader and rifle tags with different seasons. There are also lots of antlerless tags available in the upcoming antlerless draw.

How is access out there? I'm used to roads. Usually set up camp then take a ride to an area and hike few miles from there.

Appreciate all the insight!

Access in Utah is good.

I wouldn't touch the open bull as a NR. A lot of people, not the greatest elk densities, and low success.

The Spike is a better option, but I would still suggest going to Idaho, Colorado, or Montana before Utah.

Access in Utah is good.

I wouldn't touch the open bull as a NR. A lot of people, not the greatest elk densities, and low success.

The Spike is a better option, but I would still suggest going to Idaho, Colorado, or Montana before Utah.

This. Their general hunts are tough. Unless you have a ton of points I would do MT or CO.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back