Caribou Gear

Utah, youre about to have company

Bigjay73

Maybe not, but my money is on them moving into Utah and Colorado in my lifetime

I witnessed a grizzly sow and 3 cubs near La Manga Pass in southern Colorado, close to New Mexico. I have hunted black and grizzly, and I know it was a family of grizzly bears. I reported this to the Colorado Fish and Game and received little interest; This was in 1999.

Having hunted both black bears in Yakutat and Grizzly on Kodiak as well as Interior Alaska I probably have seen more bears than you and your lovely mom combined. I watched these bears for 15 minutes. The sow was probably 300lbs, beautiful silvertip, a large bear for the mountains anywhere.
No worries if you doubt, so did the division office that I spoke with...
But hey, you're obviously an expert between your Zoom classes, right?

Having hunted both black bears in Yakutat and Grizzly on Kodiak as well as Interior Alaska I probably have seen more bears than you and your lovely mom combined.
:rolleyes:
Nothing personal. There is no expertise that I would believe.
Dead body, hair sample, or in a reasonable location with high res photographic proof.

I mean we do live in a world where a "famous" hunting guide has an entire youtube seriers about bigfoot? feet? that he's seen... at this point hunting acumen isn't really an accurate measure of veracity.

...except greenhorn I'd probably believe that guy

The sow was probably 300lbs, beautiful silvertip, a large bear for the mountains anywhere.
No worries if you doubt, so did the division office that I spoke with...
But hey, you're obviously an expert between your Zoom classes, right?

Zoomba? I'm more of a hot yoga guy... or like I'm in college?

1605636974774.png

Last edited:
Maybe the state of Utah can offer a fat contract to SFW so they can close the borders to grizzlies like they are doing with the woofs.

Lock up yo wife, lock up yo chillins. Griz everywhere....

Hey grizz re-intro is a ballot measure I can get behind...

Maybe not, but my money is on them moving into Utah and Colorado in my lifetime
My cabin is 7 miles NE of Lake Viva Naughton... 😨
87818C19-F6C7-42F0-9284-610A729D0525.jpeg

:rolleyes:
Nothing personal. There is no expertise that I would believe.
Dead body, hair sample, or in a reasonable location with high res photographic proof.

I mean we do live in a world where a "famous" hunting guide has an entire youtube seriers about bigfoot? feet? that he's seen... at this point hunting acumen isn't really an accurate measure of veracity.

...except greenhorn I'd probably believe that guy

Zoomba? I'm more of a hot yoga guy... or like I'm in college?

View attachment 162474
That’s easily a 700 pound Colorado grizzly. Maybe 800. Looks like a B&C corgi too.

Another grizzly confirmed in southwest WY. Same area as the one spotted last year, but speculation is it’s a different bear. My neighbor showed my a pic his buddy got of it on a trail cam setup on a bait pile. 5 miles from my place. 😱

Hey grizz re-intro is a ballot measure I can get behind...

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I give you the kid that just likes to poke chit with a stick.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that a grizz would range that far, given their dispersal prowess east of the Rocky Mtn Front but it would truly be something if it were a sow with cubs. There's a lot of quiet country running North to South in CO for a bear to get lost in. CO & UT both are in the path of grizzly & the wolf. So are their delicate sensibilities & non-stop whining from everyone that comes along with those two critters.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I give you the kid that just likes to poke chit with a stick.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that a grizz would range that far, given their dispersal prowess east of the Rocky Mtn Front but it would truly be something if it were a sow with cubs. There's a lot of quiet country running North to South in CO for a bear to get lost in. CO & UT both are in the path of grizzly & the wolf. So are their delicate sensibilities & non-stop whining from everyone that comes along with those two critters.
Lets talk about G-bears in the Bighorns, or the Sierra Madre... then we can talk about a population of bears that have managed to make it 600 miles across I-80 and I-70.

CO is not WY, we have 6 million people. I'm not buying that a bunch of grizzlies scooted through areas so packed with people in the summer that we have banned/permitted dispersed camping.

The comparison to dispersal in MT is IMHO ridiculous... look at a map, they dispersed 80-100 miles so suddenly 600 is reasonable? It's like someone saying they saw a Grizzly in Redding, CA. 🤦‍♂️

I'd consider it possible that a lonely boar scooted out that far. Not a pregnant sow.

1623086597737.png

1623086605039.png

Last edited:
A healthy population of grizzlies in the Wyoming Range would solve those sheep problems being discussed in the other thread. A majority of successful allotment retirements in NW WY were precipitated by conflicts with grizz and wolves, and wild sheep were just the beneficiaries.

Lets talk about G-bears in the Bighorns, or the Sierra Madre... then we can talk about a population of bears that have managed to make it 600 miles across I-80 and I-70.

CO is not WY, we have 6 million people. I'm not buying that a bunch of grizzlies scooted through areas so packed with people in the summer that we have banned/permitted dispersed camping.

The comparison to dispersal in MT is IMHO ridiculous... look at a map, they dispersed 80-100 miles so suddenly 600 is reasonable? It's like someone saying they saw a Grizzly in Redding, CA. 🤦‍♂️

I'd consider it possible that a lonely boar scooted out that far. Not a pregnant sow.

View attachment 185200

View attachment 185201

1623089029759.png

I've never wanted so badly to be proven wrong.

Yet in a time where trail cams abound, where everyone seemingly has a phonoscope, and in a state where the mountains are crawling with hunters, hikers, etc no one has produced a credible photo.

On several occasions CPW has taken sightings seriously and gone out looking for bears and found nothing.

Colorado has a lot of color phase bears, I'd guess 70% of the bears I've seen have been color phased.

My point, is there are a ton of reasons to doubt any sighting, no matter who it comes from, if it doesn't include evidence.

I've never wanted so badly to be proven wrong.

Yet in a time where trail cams abound, where everyone seemingly has a phonoscope, and in a state where the mountains are crawling with hunters, hikers, etc no one has produced a credible photo.

On several occasions CPW has taken sightings seriously and gone out looking for bears and found nothing.

Colorado has a lot of color phase bears, I'd guess 70% of the bears I've seen have been color phased.

My point, is there are a ton of reasons to doubt any sighting, no matter who it comes from, if it doesn't include evidence.

Back