Utah wolf poll!!!

Ithaca 37

Not surprising at all . I'd guess that the way biggest percentage of population in Utah is concentrated along the urban areas of the Wasatch front . Wolves are not going to affect the livlihoods of those people one bit , and I'd also guess that hunters are also a minority in the state .

I'd also argue that conducting the poll in th Wasatch front area hardly gets much input from true rural areas of Utah ......

I guess the rural folks somehow feel they are more important than the people who live in cities. Maybe their votes should count twice because they live in the sticks.
rolleyes.gif

You know, with all the criticism of every poll that shows about 50% of people in favor of wolves, I'm surprised we haven't even seen ONE poll that shows the 90% against that some posters here claim.

Why doesn't the Cattlemen's Assoc. or the Woolgrowers Assoc. have a poll done that will show other results? Is it because no reputable polling company will slant the results the way the cattlemen want?

Jeez , you dudes are stiff and cranky this mornin' .

Never said a rural vote was more important than others , but those others don't have to live with the wolves , if established , do they ?

My comment was directed mainly at the article , which more or less claimed the poll represented rural feelings as well as city by polling folks from the Front area ........ I can see why people living in the 'burbs and probably mostly non-hunters could care less about wolves , one way or another .

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-03-2003 08:39: Message edited by: sdgunslinger ]</font>

You know Slinger, I'd bet that 90 percent of the rural hillbillies would never have to live with wolves either.

Yet, they still bitch and moan about wolves anyway...so they're just as bad, if not worse, than the city dwellers.

Call it bitchin' and moanin' if you want Buzz , but I will take the side of my fellow rural hillbillies that DO have to live with wolves .

Besides , I am only a little over 100 miles as the crow flies from current wolf range in Minnesota , and the Mn DNR claims wolves will be present in every Mn county in 20 years , so I reserve the right to moan about wolves if I want .

Bitch about that if you like .
biggrin.gif

I like to consider myself "Joe Average Hunter"...a name my mentor gave me
wink.gif
......and yet, I still can't wait to "live with wolves." Word is, they will be here close to my house in Rocky Mountain National Park real soon! Yippee!!!Wahoo!!!!.....should I be feared?
eek.gif

BRING ON THE WOLVES!!!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-03-2003 11:13: Message edited by: Deerslayer ]</font>

I tried my best to provide you people the true results of the "Bullhound knows it all" poll. My polls have clearly shown that we don't want the wolves yet nobody will listen to me.

Michael sure, I have to live with them...at least part of the year. I've had coyotes, mink, fox, etc. within a stones throw of my front porch, but I aint afraid of them. Nor am I afraid of the big-bad wolf.

I'll also have to give up some big-game for them too, but what the hell, I do the same for griz and black bear, lions, coyotes, etc. already. Maybe I'll just do my part and dump a few lions and bears to "even" things out.

We don't have them in my neighborhood yet. So you're upset because you have wolves around where you live? They're probably not too happy about you being there either.
"Why can't you all just get along?"
Rodney King
LA,CA
biggrin.gif

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back