Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Utah gov tag sheep illegally killed

Utahhoss

Gov tag holder has killed possible state record big horn illegally. The nebo unit was on a rotation with the sportsman tag. It was closed to gov tag this year, buuuuutttt, didnt stop the guide from taking his client, and killing a ram anyway. Best part, udwr says no harm, no foul, no charges. So come to utah, we have no game laws if you have cash!

There's a couple threads on it over at MM. Wonder where Utahhoss all of a sudden came from? mtmuley

Outfitter calls a low-level F&G employee and asks if okay to hunt Nebo. Outfitter does not call HQ so the next time you are in Utah remember that you should call the lowest level of a department hoping to get permission for something. "Hello, Highway Patrol secretary for the maintenance division." Hey, can I speed 200mph along the interstate? "Sounds good." Zoom zoom zoom.

Utah Administrative rules clearly state the Governor's Tag holder (sold at auction to highest bidder) did not have access to Nebo unit in 2016 as that unit is open for the Sportsman Tag (public draw, statewide) during even years. The outfitter supposedly shot a bighorn sheep on the Nebo unit this year anyway with the Governor's Tag holder.

Instead of prosecuting, or seeking administrative action against, the outfitter for hunting outside of a valid unit... Utah in its typical wisdom has decided to not enforce its own rules. Seem similar to RMEF and the Expo tag to anyone else?

Is this the same outfitter that got public backlash over a blindfolded deer? Or am I mistaken?

Last edited:
I wondered the same thing.

Mt muley knows of me. (hossblur), couldnt log in under that name. Udwr facebiok page has open letter regarding this. I dont know what hunter knew, by calling wrong offive guide proves he did. But udwr, there is no excuse, other than obvious,$$$$$

Mt muley knows of me. (hossblur), couldnt log in under that name. Udwr facebiok page has open letter regarding this. I dont know what hunter knew, by calling wrong offive guide proves he did. But udwr, there is no excuse, other than obvious,$$$$$

Welcome hoss. This is a great place. You aren't a stranger to Fin either I bet. Bet you will hang around. mtmuley

Welcome hoss. This is a great place. You aren't a stranger to Fin either I bet. Bet you will hang around. mtmuley

Thx, i was trying to type while hunting ducks, should have introduced myself, and ya, big fan of fin

really utah will do nothing about that? What a joke

Well, theres a dead sheep. Killed by gov tag holder, on a unit she wasnt supposed to hunt. And an official statement from dwr saying case closed. Utah has become a whore( best word i can think of sorry), a high dollar one, but really low class. The frustration level of most of us is at its max.

Fin learned about it when he ran into sfw and their grip on the dwr.

The DA chose not to proceed because the Dept couldn't prove the hunter was given proper instruction.

The guide book says, on front page, that it is not the sole and whole source of info. Any questions should be addressed to the nearest dwr office. The nebo is in the central office. Its 118miles from wlh base to cedar(where they supposedly called, although i wasnt aware they logged called in questions), 86 miles to springville, the office in charge of that unit. Springvile is also closer to slc airport. The guide, wade lemon hunting, on his own website points out his 30 years experience, and has a ton of sheep pics. The da DIDN'T say what happened wasnt ILLEGAL, only that based on evidence, with th dwr being the witness and investigatior, he couldnt prove INTENT. Thats a lot different than saying nothing illegal happened.

What a shame. Just proves where money will get you, compared to if you don't have the funds.

The guide book says, on front page, that it is not the sole and whole source of info. Any questions should be addressed to the nearest dwr office. The nebo is in the central office. Its 118miles from wlh base to cedar(where they supposedly called, although i wasnt aware they logged called in questions), 86 miles to springville, the office in charge of that unit. Springvile is also closer to slc airport. The guide, wade lemon hunting, on his own website points out his 30 years experience, and has a ton of sheep pics. The da DIDN'T say what happened wasnt ILLEGAL, only that based on evidence, with th dwr being the witness and investigatior, he couldnt prove INTENT. Thats a lot different than saying nothing illegal happened.

Seems like we have seen the "intent" thing in the recent headlines . Seems to be the standard now. Just don't cross corners!

So it's okay to break the law as long as you have good intentions or don't know the law?

Why even issue tags for certain units if the state says you can hunt wherever you want? Oh yeah, that's only if you're part of their Dollars For Tags crew. The rest of us play by the rules.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTP1029
Back