Utah expo decision-- contact info if you think Utah wildlife lost today

Oneye

I don't want this to be a bash SFW, Utah, or the DWR thread. If you feel the less beneficial decision for Utah wildlife, businesses, sportsmen, and the 200 public permits was made today, here is some contact info and links of who we can contact and at least voice our opinion on the issue. Be respectful and informative with your emails or phone calls on why this was a bad decision and whether you will support it or those involved with it anymore. If you have any extra contact info you think would be beneficial add it to the thread.

DWR contact information:
Email: [email protected]
Phone:801-538-4700

DWR Director:
[email protected]
(801) 538-4702

Title sponsor:Ammo&More
[email protected]
406-777-2822

Wildlife board:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Link to list of sponsors:
http://huntexpo.com/sponsors.php

Map of exhibitors: (zoom in for names)
http://s15.a2zinc.net/clients/WHCE/WHCE2016/public/EventMap.aspx?shMode=E

Now, I actually feel bad to some extent because this money is beneficial in some ways. If you want change and less corruption eventually there are points you have to stand up and say no more. I think the issue of SFW and our DWR has gotten to that point. If you don't agree with the way this process took place and believe our state lost out on a lot of benefits it's time to put some pressure on this issue. I personally will not attend the expo, pay application fees, and try to not support those involved in sponsoring it either, including Cabelas which should just leave my pockets fuller. If you're a nonresident and you question Utahs legitimacy I would stop applying. The best way to make a point is to hit someone's pocket books, then maybe they'll start listening.

Questions

Is this for 200 tags per year? I don't completely understand. SFW website indicates odds and in excess of 200,000 tickets are sold--at least $1,000,000 in gross revenue. What does DWR/sporting public receive of these funds?

Is this for 200 tags per year? I don't completely understand. SFW website indicates odds and in excess of 200,000 tickets are sold--at least $1,000,000 in gross revenue. What does DWR/sporting public receive of these funds?

MDF/SFW used to keep all of the $5 application fee with nothing given back and no requirement to show where it went. Through a lot of arm twisting a year ago they agreed to give back $1.50 and keep $3.50 for themselves and that is still what is in the new contract bid that was approved by the WB on Friday. It's easy to see that with RMEF giving back the entire $5 application fee, as well as 100% of all the net proceeds that all the other auction tags generate (Now it is set at 30%), and 50% of the net proceeds that the entire convention would bring in with probably a minimum of 5 times as many people that would attend the RMEF convention as is now the case, that Utah easily lost a couple million dollars a year by awarding that contract to SFW.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back