Create positive change in Utah

Oneye

So we are about a year out from Utah's election for Governor. Herbert is not running again so here is a chance to lend some pressure for some positive change in Utah. The Governor appoints those who run the agencies, as well as those who sit on Utah's wildlife board. Currently Spencer Cox(current Lieutenant Governor) is leading in very early polls, and I do not see another Republican candidate that is projected to run I could vote for. Cox is a good down to earth person who from everything I've seen is not an average politician and is willing to truly listen to voiced concern. I would like to see Sportsmen (especially those living in Utah) begin to make their voices heard during his candidacy so it's something that is on his mind. I hope those in Utah especially, but also those outside the state share your views with him of Utah's current system and share your opinions.

The two topics of course being public land transfer/sale and the Expo/SFW/public auction permits corruption.

I think it's important that you mention you are a sportsman when sending these concerns. It's time to do whatever possible to help create positive change here in Utah both in regards to the stance on public lands and the SFW/expo corruption. We need to make it clear that transferring and/or selling our public lands is not something we want to see or will ever support. We also need to need to share what happened during the last expo process, voice concern about the amount of sway SFW has with the Utah DWR, as well as how many seats high ranking SFW officials have held on the wildlife board that have held far to much say in the process over the years and how the process of auctioning these permits needs to be changed and express concern over a private non-profit essentially existing on a public resource they are being given for free, as well as how RMEF was screwed out of the last bid for the expo. This is a great chance to be heard and I hope everyone will take the time to send in a comment. Spencer Cox so far is the only Republican candidate I feel will legitimately hear out the concerns and take them seriously. I will post more candidates contact info as we get closer and more confirm they are running but please take the time to express the concerns we have as sportsmen with Utah's current status quo on public lands, SFW, and public wildlife.

Here is Spencer Cox's contact form here, if you are from Utah please send a comment in on both issues, if you're from elsewhere share your concerns on Utah's current status quo in regards to these issues. The time to be heard is now!:

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurek
Back