PEAX Equipment

Utah Draw hunt help

djjoan

My brother, a couple of friends and myself have received verification of our hunt in Utah. We got approved for Central Mtns, San Rafael-1563 for Sept 23-Oct 1. My hope is that some one would be willing to give us some tips about the area to better our chances of a GREAT hunt! We are from a small town in North Central Louisiana and are not familiar with the area.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

One of you should consider joining Hunting Fool. $100 for a year. As a member, you can get a list of prior members that drew the tag recently. Usually there are a few members that drew and hunted that tag in the last 5 years. Sometimes, no members have hunted that unit, though. If you get the list then there are phone numbers to reach each member.

That is my suggestion.

A rule of thumb is the more likely someone can redraw a tag in the future then the less likely they will openly share information. Even with that type of tag, though, you should be able to find out places can camp or hotels nearby, etc.

Good luck on your hunt!

The goHunt.com ads you see on this website have a lot of information on each Rocky Mountain state, including a lot of information about the units for each species.

Good luck and have fun.

GoHunt is the only service I would join. Now is a good time because you will have info for this years hunt plus you will be a member thru the 2016 draw cycles.

General Muzzy deer tag, There will be lots of people on the opening day and the weekend. Terrain on this unit ranges from above 11000' alpine forests to red rock desert. Deer can be found through out the whole unit. As can be said with about any place, get away from the roads and you should be able to find deer.

Here are some pictures from the unit.

Attachments

• 100_1560.jpg
    100_1560.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN0060_247.jpg
    DSCN0060_247.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 155

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member