ram1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 524
  • rsz_sam_0032[1].jpg
    rsz_sam_0032[1].jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 540
  • rsz_sam_0037[1].jpg
    rsz_sam_0037[1].jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 506
What does his other horn look like? Got any pics of the other side. Awesome ram!!

here is the best view of the other side i could find, both sides were a little over 31 inches please forgive the "paint".....the back drop is very prominent. out of respect for those who helped me i colored it in. i actually transported my ram to the spot to take the pic. if anybody draws the tag i will help in any way i can....pay it forward .

Attachments

• SAM_0028.jpg
    SAM_0028.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 480
Right on!! Pretty much the same on both sides. Thanks for posting.

Nice Ram

I guess I need to start looking into hunting rams in the lower 48. Thanks for sharing.

here is the best view of the other side i could find, both sides were a little over 31 inches please forgive the "paint".....the back drop is very prominent. out of respect for those who helped me i colored it in. i actually transported my ram to the spot to take the pic. if anybody draws the tag i will help in any way i can....pay it forward .

Thats a great ram! Very jealous.

Currious though, how many permits are given out each year? Is the top secret location really something to worry about?

including conservation and auction tags there was 10 or 11 issued, about a 1/4 of the desert tags in utah......secret???? not really just showing a little respect.....like i said before i will help anyone who draws a tag, just dont want to advertise it on the WWW...funny thing, i was told that sheep hunters would be more than willing to help a guy out if he drew a tag, well i sent out 25 or so emails and 30 or more voice mails to past hunters and other sheep guys, i received less than 5 responces.....2 of them were well known guides who really shortened my learning curve, never gave me "free info" made me earn every bit of my knowledge.... one of them even took me scouting for a couple days, i drove... he talked...lol....alot......i spent my summer LEARNING my unit......draw the tag and i will help make your hunt a successful one.....i won't give ya the key to the city...i spent over 25 days scouting and hunting, luck or not i shot the best scoring ram out of the unit for the last several years....

including conservation and auction tags there was 10 or 11 issued, about a 1/4 of the desert tags in utah......secret???? not really just showing a little respect.....like i said before i will help anyone who draws a tag, just dont want to advertise it on the WWW...funny thing, i was told that sheep hunters would be more than willing to help a guy out if he drew a tag, well i sent out 25 or so emails and 30 or more voice mails to past hunters and other sheep guys, i received less than 5 responces.....2 of them were well known guides who really shortened my learning curve, never gave me "free info" made me earn every bit of my knowledge.... one of them even took me scouting for a couple days, i drove... he talked...lol....alot......i spent my summer LEARNING my unit......draw the tag and i will help make your hunt a successful one.....i won't give ya the key to the city...i spent over 25 days scouting and hunting, luck or not i shot the best scoring ram out of the unit for the last several years....

Thats crazy. Itsn't it a once in a life time hunt as well? What does anyone stand to gain/protect by not giving out the info? I understand the respect thing though.

Great ram none the less. I'd love to spend time in that country, the sheep is icing on the cake!

Congrats again.

Thats crazy. Itsn't it a once in a life time hunt as well? What does anyone stand to gain/protect by not giving out the info? I understand the respect thing though.

Great ram none the less. I'd love to spend time in that country, the sheep is icing on the cake!

Congrats again.

ya it was wierd, the average hunters had nothing to say/or help.....the BEST info came from the guides who had everything to gain if i got in a bind and needed to hire them to fill my tag....which was a option that i discussed with them.......true professionals that helped my acheive my goal of harvesting a quality ram....if anyone draws a tag and wants to go the guided route i can P.M you info

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back