Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Utah closes shed antler hunting until May 1st

I doubt this is going to stop the Hush'n Brodude crowds from getting their brown. There won't be enough enforcement or disincentive to stop those who are obsessed with it.

That's exactly why the penalties need to be stiff enough to persuade the "Influencers" that it just isn't worth it.

They should do this every year. You should see how many Utahns are griping about this on the sounding boards since all the animals have come really low with the high snow pack.

I used to collect antlers 10 years ago. I can't bring myself to do it anymore other than incidental finds while I'm out doing other things. It really should be closed from 1/1 to 6/1 in every state on public land. Few if any defensible reasons to have this disturbance on the landscape during that time period.

I used to collect antlers 10 years ago. I can't bring myself to do it anymore other than incidental finds while I'm out doing other things. It really should be closed from 1/1 to 6/1 in every state on public land. Few if any defensible reasons to have this disturbance on the landscape during that time period.
The reasoning against the closure is that only honest people follow them and they are basically not enforable. To few wardens over huge areas. Without fellow sportsman in the field it turns into the wild west. Because of the season animals are now being chased around by atv's while the honest sportsman who would report that BS sit at home waiting.
Also there is a known loophole in the law that is being exploited. I'm not going to say exactly what but
I know of multiple cases where guys were caught obviously taking before season and they were dismissed by judges if an officer dosent actually see the suspect pickup the antler off the ground and the suspect knows what to say you cannot get a conviction.
The shed poachers are making tens of thousands of dollars because of these seasons. (Im not exaggerating)The rest of us show up on opening day to cross country atv tracks everywhere and no sheds.

Also keep in mind Idaho is letting us shoot cow elk with 4 mo old fetuses on the winter range up until 1/31 guys chasing 500 elk across the desert shooting into the herd is quite the disturbance.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back