Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Utah CC hits 2021

They are hitting credit cards deer so far today, a bit earlier than expected it seems

Expect the waves of hits to come the next few days.
Let's hear this from a more credible source please 😁😁

I love when three months after you submit the application it is "earlier than expected" to hear back....glad they are posting though.

I've almost started ignoring these threads as it seems like more than half are people saying "gotcha." I have four kids under 11 years old so I am pretty worn out with the "gotcha" jokes ....

I love when three months after you submit the application it is "earlier than expected" to hear back....glad they are posting though.

I've almost started ignoring these threads as it seems like more than half are people saying "gotcha." I have four kids under 11 years old so I am pretty worn out with the "gotcha" jokes ....

What's even better than the three month waiting game, is applying for a unit where the tag numbers have not been set prior to the application period being closed. Every year, Utah's timeline is such that people are applying for units based off of the previous year's numbers. Every year, there are units where very very few or no tags are allocated, after people have already applied for said unit.

A couple years ago, an employee of the Utah Fish and Game presented the timeline of the application/tag setting/draw results timeline. The words, "It's just not possible to change the timeline" was repeated way too many times. In a state that does not require tag fees upfront, there is absolutely no logical reasoning behind how Utah runs the draw, other than for sheer greed.

But . . . it's the hoops one has to jump through to hunt in Utah.

Last edited:
What's even better than the three month waiting game, is applying for a unit where the tag numbers have not been set prior to the application period being closed. Every year, Utah's timeline is such that people are applying for units based off of the previous year's numbers. Every year, there are units where very very few or no tags are allocated, after people have already applied for said unit.

A couple years ago, an employee of the Utah Fish and Game presented the timeline of the application/tag setting/draw results timeline. The words, "It's just not possible to change the timeline" was repeated way too many times. In a state that does not require tag fees upfront, there is absolutely no logical reasoning behind how Utah runs the draw.

But . . . it's the hoops one has to jump through to hunt in Utah.
The only reason I see is purely business: if they think a guy has x amount of money to spend on draws, then Utah is one of the first opportunities to do so.

Congrats Buschy!! Nothing here. I was born too late for this game, but one of these years Utah will pull my name.

Nada. Unsuccessful. Dang it. As a Utah resident; hunting Utah is a crapshoot.

Back