Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Utah 2020 Draw Results Thread

For all of you out-of-staters, don't feel too bad. Being a Utah resident doesn't boost your draw odds by much at all. I'm a 60 year resident, and grew up hunting deer in the Book Cliffs every year with my uncles, cousins, and extended family. It was like a family reunion every fall. I would do both archery and rifle every year. Grew to know and love the area like none other.

When we had to start picking just one weapon it was a blow. Then when it went limited entry in the late 90's I nearly cried. Drew the permit a couple of times over the next few years, but now it's once every 13 - 15 years, and getting worse. Archery is a little easier, but not much. I'll be lucky to hunt it once, maybe twice more if I'm lucky before I die. I have to admit the hunting is better out there than it used to be in the 70's & 80's, but man I miss those days, and the life-long memories and traditions it gave me.

Elk is even worse. Since Utah only lets you apply for ONE limited entry species per year, you have to choose between deer or elk, and can't build bonus points for both simultaneously. I will never live to get an LE elk permit, even being a resident. Very frustrating...

Bank account got hit on the 13th with 13 bonus points for the Central Mountains, Manti muzzy hunt. Will be looking for a bull with 13 points (eastern count) I guess.
Howdy buckhunterhart. New to the forums. Nice to E meet you! My brother drew that tag this year. I'm curious how you did on your hunt.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back