Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

UT DWR takes on RMEF

It sure sounds like Mr. Peay is doing real well for himself by starting all these "nonprofit" organizations. The thing that many people don't realize is the fact that those types of organizations can have lots of employees and/or only a couple and there is no restriction on salaries, consultant fees, etc. paid to those people.

That's the truth. My finance professor in graduate school brought up the example of the NYSE and how it was operated as a non-profit. His words were something to the effect of "A non-profit can't show a profit, so it's gotta do something with all that money..."

If anyone can speak to the history of this evolving story, it is fairchasehunter. He is well respected, having lead a major conservation organization to new heights, and did so in a manner that is 180 degrees opposite of the method used by SFW.

He would know the history as well as anyone, and I thank him for coming and posting that brief inside perspective on this site.

So where does the Mule Deer Foundation land in all this? From the magazine it appears they are huge fans of SFW. The EXPO seems to be a big deal to them. I admit I will not be renewing my membership when it runs out because I think the MDF is becoming part of the problem with speeding up the commercialization of our wildlife.

MDF puts pictures of convicted poachers in their magazine, makes sense they would cuddle up to Quiri as well.

There are higher ups at MDF and FNAWS that want to distance themselves from SFW, but cant, because of all the dirty money. SFW has offered "opposition" groups the chance to get their hands dirty too, in exchange for backing off of this and other issues. I appreciate Randy's optimism, about what he may have heard from inside channels about SFW. Sorry to say, it most likely is true. There are people within SFW that have said they are concerned about the legal ramifications that current proposed rule changes could have on them personally, not just the "organization". It should be no surprise that director Karpowitz went after RMEF. SFW supports Utah Governor Herbert, they show up at dual SFW/Herbert events. Gov. Herbert is director Karpowitz's boss.

There are higher ups at MDF and FNAWS that want to distance themselves from SFW, but cant, because of all the dirty money. SFW has offered "opposition" groups the chance to get their hands dirty too, in exchange for backing off of this and other issues. I appreciate Randy's optimism, about what he may have heard from inside channels about SFW. Sorry to say, it most likely is true. There are people within SFW that have said they are concerned about the legal ramifications that current proposed rule changes could have on them personally, not just the "organization". It should be no surprise that director Karpowitz went after RMEF. SFW supports Utah Governor Herbert, they show up at dual SFW/Herbert events. Gov. Herbert is director Karpowitz's boss.

How can a 501 (C) 3 organization support any political candidate? SFW gets away with a lot of BS.:mad:

Oh, did I say SFW?, I meant BGF........must have been a misquote, see how that works?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back