Use Enough Gun

I can shoot it both ways has removable break. Pain is putting break on / off changes point of impact. It has very little recoil with the brake (270 like) but the decibel level is ridiculous. I have had the gun over 20 years still can’t decide to deal with recoil or the muzzle blast 😂 I think “it” shoots better with the brake which tells me i should keep packing ear plugs ha ha

I can shoot it both ways has removable break. Pain is putting break on / off changes point of impact. It has very little recoil with the brake (270 like) but the decibel level is ridiculous. I have had the gun over 20 years still can’t decide to deal with recoil or the muzzle blast 😂 I think “it” shoots better with the brake which tells me i should keep packing ear plugs ha ha
Since you shoot it both ways I'll rephrase..."Brake Sir?"

I know of a case where a guy killed a 600lb black bear that was eating out of his garbage with a single shot behind the front shoulder with a 22 short. He didn't even make it out of the lawn... which is how he got caught, lol.

How/why did we revive this conversation?

Last edited:
Is it just me, or has anyone noticed the correlation between smaller sized guys and bigger more powerful firearms? Trucks? Bows?
In general, yes. I have kicked around the idea of getting a heavier bow though. I’m a big dude and a really heavy arrow with a better trajectory is kind of interesting.

In general, yes. I have kicked around the idea of getting a heavier bow though. I’m a big dude and a really heavy arrow with a better trajectory is kind of interesting.
Heavier arrow and a better trajectory sounds REALLY interesting to me which was my point with guns also

Sounds like rehashing the Napoleon complex stereotype. Certified small person who doesn't have any shame about my lady edition Vanguard in .243.

As long as someone cleanly kills what they are shooting at, I don’t GAF what they shoot. Odds are, if they aren’t making clean kills, it’s likely a marksmanship issue. If someone like shooting a bigger gun, and that sets your hair on fire, knock yourself out..

As long as someone cleanly kills what they are shooting at, I don’t GAF what they shoot. Odds are, if they aren’t making clean kills, it’s likely a marksmanship issue. If someone like shooting a bigger gun, and that sets your hair on fire, knock yourself out..
Exactly. Hell, I've killed elk with a shotgun. I just happen to like my current setup. mtmuley

I guess we are just not done with this,,,close to five months, 15,000 views, and going on 400 responses. What did I start.

The hunting variables, distance, shot angles and huntiing styles that we all have determine our choices of caliber. I did the math one time and over 60% of my deer were taken by me at 60 yards or way less. I am shooting quickly, just a few seconds at most, and am aiming for a 6" kill zone circle, preferably a double lung shot. A good many of my deer i have shot up close just when they are starting to run.

For me, a 6.5x55 is pretty minimal,,,,more is better.

I shot a buck angling away from me one time at about 40 yards. I am very comfortable with such shots. I think I used a 7x57. The bullet went diagonally all the way through him. He dropped like a stone. A light bullet would not have been the right caliber.

Considering that such is my style of hunting I would be totally irresponsible to use a .223 or even a .243. I would lose many opportunities with them.

Add in I hunted/lived in very windy places, again light bullets are not right for me.

It is also significant that I one lived and hunted in NW Wyoming Grizz country in the pre bear-spray era

Carry on and on,,,and on and on

MR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back