Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

USAFA DEER UPDATE!!!

SFC B

With the CO app deadline approaching I thought I would give a heads up to any HTers thinking about this tag. Since I live only a couple of miles from USAFA I am involved with the deer survey that happens JAN/FEB timeframe. The results this year were NOT great. Population down about 25-40 %. While anecdotally I wouldn't say it was on the high end I have noticed less deer out and about this year. Be aware that if you were going to pop for all those points you might want to hold off a year of two.

With the CO app deadline approaching I thought I would give a heads up to any HTers thinking about this tag. Since I live only a couple of miles from USAFA I am involved with the deer survey that happens JAN/FEB timeframe. The results this year were NOT great. Population down about 25-40 %. While anecdotally I wouldn't say it was on the high end I have noticed less deer out and about this year. Be aware that if you were going to pop for all those points you might want to hold off a year of two.
Do folks have any thoughts on why? I'm planning to draw and do a deer hunt in a different area of the front range. our winters seem similar to yours curious what we will see out on the mountain this fall

Thanks!

Back