Uploading troubles

the nikster

Folks,
I have hundreds of photos of my wife on her elk hunt. I have been trying to add them to the text. About 40% of the time it does not work and says I am missing a token. About 40% of the time it just says the upload failed. So about 80% of the photos cannot be used.
I have pics from my I-phone and hers as well as a traditional digital camera. It will upload a pic taken with my phone but not the next photo taken of the same image only zoomed in a little.
I am perplexed. I would love to post more pics of the hunt but it takes me 2 hours and dozens of failed attempts to get 2 pics to upload...Ideas?
I am using Randys advice on the browse button and all that. It usually works but not today.

I have met the same troubles this year. Hi def digital photos will overwhelm the size requirement. Try to "resize" to a smaller amount of info being uploaded.

Same issue a month ago with the "token missing" message. That is an errant message for the actual issue which is if your picture file is too big so the system treats you to a trip into the "token missing" vortex. I even used different internet browsers and PCs to escape the vortex penalty box that can last for hours.

You can resize pictures in a variety of ways.

Why does a website care if your photo is large? I assume the website is trying to reduce data transfer and storage fees that arise with a larger file. A website can be designed to allow the upload then resize the picture so falls within a smaller size range the website is willing to store. All it takes is money and time to add this feature...which are things that often are constrained. Since this is a free website for users...is reasonable to ask us to resize first. I would like to see the "token missing" message be tweaked to accurately explain why are in a penalty box for the next few hours.

Problem is solved, I just had to resize the pics, thanks for the help!
Now I just need to practice to make the post look more perfesional (sp)

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScatterGunHamilton
Back